Windows 10: Keyboard settings are not respected by the os

Discus and support Keyboard settings are not respected by the os in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to have a US international and a Russian keyboard layout.I now have 3: English United States USRussian RussianEnglish United Kingdom GermanI do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikita Dergunov1, Oct 9, 2024.

1. Keyboard settings are not respected by the os

I want to have a US international and a Russian keyboard layout.I now have 3: English United States USRussian RussianEnglish United Kingdom GermanI do not need the last one. It's not in the language list in the settings.In 2024 is there a way, to you know, control such basic things as keyboard layouts WITHOUT EDITING THE REGISTRY? Windows 98 could. So did XP and 7. Only this new homunculus Windows 11 is unable to do so.

:)

Nikita Dergunov1, Oct 9, 2024

2. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2024
  3. Wired keyboard glitch

The problems I'm experiencing:

1. When I long-press any keyboard button, it toggles the keyboard power off and on.
    2. After typing a word, a letter repeats without any additional clicks.
    3. Clicking anything results in an unexpected decrease in system volume then my computer shuts down on its own.
    I've tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Tested the keyboard on another PC and laptop, where it worked fine.
    2. Reinstalled drivers and performed a clean OS installation.
    3. tested in win 10,11, ubuntu OS.
    pic: driver list for keyboard

File on MEGA

If anyone has insights, suggestions, or has faced similar problems, I would greatly appreciate your input. My computer lenovo m900 tiny, and the keyboard model is zebronics k20. I'm eager to explore any potential solutions or steps I might have missed.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

SanthoshDsubramani, Oct 10, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Keyboard settings are not respected by the os

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 10, 2024
Thema:

Keyboard settings are not respected by the os

1. Keyboard settings are not respected by the os - Similar Threads - Keyboard settings are

2. Keyboard settings are not respected by the os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard settings are not respected by the os: I want to have a US international and a Russian keyboard layout.I now have 3: English United States USRussian RussianEnglish United Kingdom GermanI do not need the last one. It's not in the language list in the settings.In 2024 is there a way, to you know, control such basic...
  3. Keyboard to OS malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard to OS malfunction: The 1 key on the numpad of my PC does not work correctly.When I reboot and get to the password dialog I can enter a 1 from my numpad successfully.Once the boot sequence is complete and i open word or any other program where I can enter text I can NOT use the 1 key on the...
  4. Force Clock app to respect settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force Clock app to respect settings: In a Windows 10 Pro machine, I have these settings concerning the time format to use:Please notice the 24-hour format for the time.However, the clock app does not care and uses a 12-hour format, with AM and PM. See screenshot:What is the magic trick to have the Clock app to...
  5. Force Clock app to respect settings

Force Clock app to respect settings: In a Windows 10 Pro machine, I have these settings concerning the time format to use:Please notice the 24-hour format for the time.However, the clock app does not care and uses a 12-hour format, with AM and PM. See screenshot:What is the magic trick to have the Clock app to...
  6. Force Clock app to respect settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows "respects" power settings???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "respects" power settings???: windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-respects-power-settings/6c0ca8f2-59cb-4ed1-b7ad-b1090af39833
  8. Windows "respects" power settings???

Windows "respects" power settings???: windows "respects" power settings???????????????"What? How?" MemeNOTE: This is not a question. I just want to post this for fun. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-respects-power-settings/6c0ca8f2-59cb-4ed1-b7ad-b1090af39833
  9. Windows respect my settings.

Windows respect my settings.: Can you believe this OS can't get something as simple as time right, I have been late for appointments because it decided to roll back my time by an hour, I have been dealing with this for months now, last week it really crushed me when it went back 2 hours which it has never...
  10. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...