Windows 10: Keyboard problem during RDP connection

Discus and support Keyboard problem during RDP connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly, users stop their ability to type / pass text from their keyboard during an RDP connection to the server.Connection via RDP to Windows Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shikitsu-IT, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Keyboard problem during RDP connection

Randomly, users stop their ability to type / pass text from their keyboard during an RDP connection to the server.Connection via RDP to Windows Server 2019Only restarting the server helps to keep the keyboard working. Somehow it can be solved so that this problem does not appear?

:)

Shikitsu-IT, Sep 29, 2021

2. Keyboard layout problem with rdp web client (HTML5)

HI Keyboard problem during RDP connection :D ,

Thank you so much for your response,

it helped me to resolve the problem, well there is a bug that force people to use a default keyboard layout (ENG US).

The solution was by reconfiguring the remote RDP/RDS server so that it ignores the keyboard layout with which remote RDP clients connect to it.

1. On the RDP (RDS) server run Registry Editor as an administrator (click on the Start button and then type in regedit).
    2. Open up Registry Editor and navigate to the registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout.
    3. Here you have to create a new DWORD value. Give it IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout name and double-click on it. As default the value of this key is 0, but we need to change it from 0 to 1.

4.reboot remote server

That king of issue may disappear in the next release of the RD Web Client.

feresfoudhaili, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Keyboard problem during RDP connection

Problem connecting to RDP

Hi,

I get problem to connect to the machine by RDP.

If I turn off Firewall, I can then connect to it by RDP. How to know which Inbound/Outbound firewall rule is leading to the error?

HuaMin Chen, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard problem during RDP connection

1. Keyboard problem during RDP connection - Similar Threads - Keyboard problem during

2. Problem with RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with RDP connection: Hi, Recently, one of the users has a problem with RDP connection to a remote computer. Unfortunately I can't find any information about it. I have sent all the details from the event log.<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"><System> <Provider...
  3. Problem with RDP connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with RDP connection: Hi, Recently, one of the users has a problem with RDP connection to a remote computer. Unfortunately I can't find any information about it. I have sent all the details from the event log.<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"><System> <Provider...
  4. What credential is asking during I try to connect RDP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What credential is asking during I try to connect RDP?: I have downloaded a newer version of RDP App which asking me an username and password of PC during I try to connect from my phone to PC. I have input several times my PC credential correctly but still it asking me to provide credential. The username and password I entered is...
  5. What credential is asking during I try to connect RDP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What credential is asking during I try to connect RDP?: I have downloaded a newer version of RDP App which asking me an username and password of PC during I try to connect from my phone to PC. I have input several times my PC credential correctly but still it asking me to provide credential. The username and password I entered is...
  6. What credential is asking during I try to connect RDP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
  8. Windows 10 RDP connection problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 RDP connection problem: I downloaded new Windows updates, and unfortunately two months ago and more I am having trouble connecting with RDP Windows 10 when trying to connect with Windows servers I followed a lot of explanations, including in YouTube, but unfortunately it still works only using...
  9. A problem with the keyboard during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with the keyboard during games: My keyboard ceases to function whenever i actually play a game. Before i wiped my pcs data out of exstence this problem never occured until now Like there isnt any lag in the game and I can still use my mouse and move the character around with just that but the keyboard on...
  10. RDP Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Problems: We are going back to using a machine again that we previously used for RDP connections. It was win 7 now win 10, it worked perfectly before. The RDP port had been changed from 3389 ( multiple machines one external ip). We have the correct firewall settings I can telnet to the...