Windows 10: Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

Discus and support Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TungDickson, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop makes clicking noises that I hear through my headset.

:)

TungDickson, Apr 4, 2022
  2. BossDweeb Win User

How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

All key types make some noise, and dome keys, such as on your Logitgech will make a bit more noise if the user is heavy typist.

The feel of a keyboard is subjective, but you need to read user reviews of any keyboard you are interested in to discover if they are considered

louder than normal by a large percentage of users.

On line review sites would also note if a particular keyboard is considered noisy compared to others.

In some instances part of the noise is due to the plastic case reverberating whatever noise the key, or typist strike, makes.

The cheap plastic folding keyboards may be very quiet, but not reliable.

Even the non-clicky 'silent' model mechanical keys can be considered noisy by some, but mechanical keys are favoured by people

who do a lot of typing and gamers. Mechanical keys come in different types - clicky and 'silent', and pressures.

I use a mechanical Logitech with a non-clicky 'linear' switch which, while not clicky, it makes plenty of noise anyway.

You can find details if you do a search for mechanical keyboard key types.

BossDweeb, Apr 4, 2022
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    how to add sound to your keyboard

Added little clicky sounds to my keyboard from Ease of Access in control panel. Filter Keys. Then you might find yourself spending some time setting up how fast before a key press can type or repeat or backspace. Kind of painful
    to get things back to your liking. But if the clicky sound is important, worth the effort.

'Mike P, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

1. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing - Similar Threads - Keyboard making clicky

2. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  3. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  4. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  6. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  7. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  9. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  10. I want clicky sounds while i type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want clicky sounds while i type.: I really want to hear clicking sounds as I type, I heard it was possible on apple computers. Since windows is incredibly expensive I expect this to be possible as it is on other big programs. please let me know, thank you....