Windows 10: keyboard login blocked

Discus and support keyboard login blocked in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; No keyboard entry at login, no dots for characters hit. narrator says HIDDEN. The keyboard is good. If I use my Password Recovery USB, I can then type... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TedGrondski, Jan 16, 2019.

1. keyboard login blocked

No keyboard entry at login, no dots for characters hit. narrator says HIDDEN.

The keyboard is good. If I use my Password Recovery USB, I can then type my password and dots appear.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm typing this with the keyboard.

Ted Springfield, MA

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

TedGrondski, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2019
  3. No keyboard at login

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to again login using the on screen keyboard and the follow the steps to update drivers as the issue might be due to drivers.

Follow the steps to Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

If the issue persists, then try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the driver and check.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2019
  4. keyboard login blocked

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

keyboard login blocked

1. keyboard login blocked - Similar Threads - keyboard login blocked

2. Blocked login with password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked login with password.: I keep getting one time use codes twice a week and logging in with a password is always blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-login-with-password/8b9995ab-7ba6-438a-8e91-f87ac6e22f1a
  3. Blocked login with password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked login with password.: I keep getting one time use codes twice a week and logging in with a password is always blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-login-with-password/8b9995ab-7ba6-438a-8e91-f87ac6e22f1a
  4. Login and keyboard messup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login and keyboard messup: Hey so i shamed my keyboard cuz windows freeze like usual and now when i login only i have major problems when i shutdown like the keyboard will screen lock not work spam buttons num lock and i mustve hit something cuz i have to put it to sleep which sometimes doesnt work...
  5. Login and keyboard messup

Login and keyboard messup: Hey so i shamed my keyboard cuz windows freeze like usual and now when i login only i have major problems when i shutdown like the keyboard will screen lock not work spam buttons num lock and i mustve hit something cuz i have to put it to sleep which sometimes doesnt work...
  6. Kasper Blocking Mouse And KeyBoard

Kasper Blocking Mouse And KeyBoard: After updating the kaspersky database, I can't move the mouse and keyboard, what should I do? the applications still run normally on my computer but when moving the mouse and keyboard, it doesn't work, I tried unplugging and plugging again but still the same...
  7. Kasper Blocking Mouse And KeyBoard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kasper Blocking Mouse And KeyBoard: After updating the kaspersky database, I can't move the mouse and keyboard, what should I do? the applications still run normally on my computer but when moving the mouse and keyboard, it doesn't work, I tried unplugging and plugging again but still the same...
  8. Kasper Blocking Mouse And KeyBoard

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Microsoft login now locked blocking laptop login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft login now locked blocking laptop login: Hi My laptop recently updated, now when I try to login to open the laptop I have a Microsoft sign in.However that Microsoft email address no longer exists, but to verify the account I need to remember emails from over 2 years agoHow can I proceed??Please helpCheers sam* Moved...
  10. keyboard blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard blocked by group policy: was using a device driver utility and my keyboard got blocked. any help appreciated! Ryan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-blocked-by-group-policy/decd1549-ead9-444a-9d90-b8212c14d249