Windows 10: Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

Discus and support Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hajjivsky, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Hajjivsky Win User

Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that happens, the mouse and internet cable also disconnect, and the keyboard starts to stutter it does not type anything or repeats the same letter many times. This persists for a few seconds, then it connects again only to disconnect again a few minutes later. When I plug the receiver into the laptop itself the issue seems to d

:)

Hajjivsky, Dec 19, 2021

2. Weird disconnect from USB C hub

The hub that you were using - does it have a seperate power connector to obtain power from an AC adapter or is it powered only from the USB connection?

There are 2 types of hubs:

1) Bus-powered hub - this type of hub gets power from the USB port to which it is connected only.
    2) Self-powered hub - this type of hub gets power from an external power source (AC Adapter).

For a bus-powered hub, there will typically be enough power to power low power devices such as flash drives, a mouse, keyboard, etc. One HD should be okay, but 2 HDs may prove unreliable.

If your hub is a bus powered hub, I would suggest trying a self-powered hub if you want to reliably power two HDs.

This is just one possible guess. If you are using a self-powered hub, post back and let's see if we can identify anything else as a cause.

hsehestedt, Dec 19, 2021
  3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 19, 2021
  4. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

1. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub - Similar Threads - Keyboard keeps disconnecting

2. USB Hub randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub randomly disconnecting: so i was using my mouse and keypad normally until i heard them disconnecting and i have no idea whythere was no physical damage to the ports and everytime i reconnect my usb hub it will work for a few moments then just disconnect again. my laptop have 3 usb ports but 2 of...
  3. USB Hub randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Hub randomly disconnecting: so i was using my mouse and keypad normally until i heard them disconnecting and i have no idea whythere was no physical damage to the ports and everytime i reconnect my usb hub it will work for a few moments then just disconnect again. my laptop have 3 usb ports but 2 of...
  4. USB Hub randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  6. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  7. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  8. Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps disconnecting from USB C hub: I am using a USB C hub to connect my HP laptop to home peripherals: 2 monitors, keyboard & mouse with USB bluetooth receivers, and Ethernet cable.When I plug the keyboard's receiver into the hub, it keeps disconnecting without making any Windows sound alert, when that...
  9. Weird disconnect from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird disconnect from USB C hub: so i was copying files from one drive to the other, both connected on this USB C hub i have (total 3 USB A ports on it + gigabit lan), well at some point the copy stopped and connection on the USB C hub disappeared all of a sudden. Both drives disappeared from explorer,...
  10. HDMI Monitor from USB-C Hub Disconnects/Reconnects consistently when not in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Monitor from USB-C Hub Disconnects/Reconnects consistently when not in use: I have a monitor connected to laptop through a USB-C hub. Everything is fine when I am using the monitor as an extended second screen, but when I select "PC Screen Only" under Projection settings, the disconnect sound plays, then the monitor reconnects, and my computer...