Windows 10: Keyboard intermittently lagging

Discus and support Keyboard intermittently lagging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My keyboard keeps lagging for about 5-10 seconds every minute. I've tried using other keyboards, and USB ports, and it still does. Also, it sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quentin Plucker, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Keyboard intermittently lagging

My keyboard keeps lagging for about 5-10 seconds every minute. I've tried using other keyboards, and USB ports, and it still does. Also, it sometimes is worse than other times it only does every 5-10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. There are also times were it wasn't doing it and I've hit my desk I raged then it started doing it. It's super confusing because I don't if it's hardware or software. I've tried updating drivers, I've tried stuff in device manager and nothings working. Please help

:)

Quentin Plucker, Jun 23, 2024

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Keyboard lag

The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background. How can I rectify this?

WilliamCourage1, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Lrzinck Win User

Keyboard intermittently lagging

Keyboard lag

The keyboard lag is intermittent - the operating system is Windows 10. I feel it might be caused by another program running in the background. Perhaps it a virus? How can I rectify this?

Lrzinck, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Keyboard intermittently lagging

1. Keyboard intermittently lagging - Similar Threads - Keyboard intermittently lagging

2. Keyboard intermittently lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently lagging: My keyboard keeps lagging for about 5-10 seconds every minute. I've tried using other keyboards, and USB ports, and it still does. Also, it sometimes is worse than other times it only does every 5-10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. There are also times were it...
  3. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  4. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  5. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  6. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  7. Keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag: Whenever i press certain keys my keyboard starts to lag, as if i'm constantly pressing tab. In command prompt the lag is different, it spams "^z" constantly. Any idea on how to solve the issue?Lag does not happen in games....
  8. Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lag and constant intermittent pauses: I’ve done everything imaginable to get this lag/constant pausing with my mouse. I’ve also avoided windows updates for a long time due to reading the numerous issues users had but microsoft forced me to finally update and I’ve wasted 2 days, days off, and still have yet to...
  9. Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly: Have had Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard for years and got a HP preinstalled Windows 10 PC this past Christmas w/o any issues until yesterday. I noticed huge lag in keyboard responsiveness and then slight lag with mouse. Ended up replacing with fresh batteries to no...
  10. Windows 10 intermittent lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 intermittent lag: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and overall I'm very happy with it. The upgrade was very seamless and the computer seems to be running faster overall. There is one exception though. I have noticed that after startup and for HOURS afterwards, programs are...