Windows 10: keyboard erroneous

Discus and support keyboard erroneous in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AveryHandsken, Feb 2, 2023.

1. keyboard erroneous

My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do?

:)

AveryHandsken, Feb 2, 2023

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard erroneous

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

keyboard erroneous

1. keyboard erroneous - Similar Threads - keyboard erroneous

2. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?: Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked the device manager, try to update or reinstall keyboard drivers but it says this device is not installed. Some time it says...
  3. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?: Hello! I have HP Pavilion g6 Laptop with windows 10 on it. It was working properly but yesterday its standard keyboard stops working. I have checked the device manager, try to update or reinstall keyboard drivers but it says this device is not installed. Some time it says...
  4. Why my laptop Keyboard stops working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl + commands do not work on my Sculpt keyboard; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + commands do not work on my Sculpt keyboard; what do I do?: When I press Ctrl + I, for example, the text does not convert to italics. I should note that I use the keyboard with a Mac. Any idea what to do?...
  6. Ctrl + commands do not work on my Sculpt keyboard; what do I do?

Ctrl + commands do not work on my Sculpt keyboard; what do I do?: When I press Ctrl + I, for example, the text does not convert to italics. I should note that I use the keyboard with a Mac. Any idea what to do?...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Properly in Windows 11 23H2 on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Properly in Windows 11 23H2 on HP Laptop: I’ve been experiencing ongoing issues with my HP laptop running Windows 11 23H2. Here’s a detailed account of the problem:About a month ago, my laptop started behaving strangely. The Windows key seemed to activate on its own, which caused hundreds of tabs to open in Microsoft...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Properly in Windows 11 23H2 on HP Laptop

Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Properly in Windows 11 23H2 on HP Laptop: I’ve been experiencing ongoing issues with my HP laptop running Windows 11 23H2. Here’s a detailed account of the problem:About a month ago, my laptop started behaving strangely. The Windows key seemed to activate on its own, which caused hundreds of tabs to open in Microsoft...
  9. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  10. keyboard erroneous

keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df