Windows 10: keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

Discus and support keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, after the successful installation of the update " KB5041019 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vivid dreams, Aug 5, 2024.

1. keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

hello, after the successful installation of the update " KB5041019 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2" suddenly my caps lock indicator and arrow keys have stopped working , actually it was all random I was working on my pc when I found out the indicator light of caps loc

:)

Vivid dreams, Aug 5, 2024
  2. mobile1 Win User

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Aug 5, 2024
  3. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

Hi:

According to the manufacturer's web site, there is no caps lock indicator on this keyboard:

Wireless Multimedia Keyboard Mouse - Wireless - Keyboards - IT PRODUCTS

{FWIW, the product web page does not specifically list Win10 as a supported OS, but they may or may not be relevant or significant.}

Keyboard

• Water resistant keypad
    • Key press force: 55g + 8g
    • 104 key standard QWERTY keyboard layout
    • RF power output: 1.6mW
    • Battery type: 2x AAA
    • Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
    • Operating distance: up to 33ft (10m)
    • RF channel: 79 (hopping)
    • LED indicator: Low battery life
    • Dimensions: 19" (L) x 7 1/4" (W) x 1 3/4" (H)
    • 18 Hotkeys: Web Back, Web Forward, Web Stop, Refresh, Search, My Favorites, Home Page, Email, Media Player (not supported in Windows 2000), Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Volume down, Mute, Volume Up, My Computer (not supported in Windows Server 2003 (32-/64-bit) & Windows 2000), Calculator (not supported in Windows 2000)
    • Power requirements (battery):
      • Operating: 3V/~5.0mA
      • Standby (~3 sec no activity): 3V/~0.01mA

So, I guess I would go back to my original recommendation: return it and buy a KB with the features you want.
    That would seem -- ultimately -- to be the most satisfying solution.

But, it's up to you, of course.keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update :)

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 5, 2024
  4. keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

Turn off caps lock indicator Windows 10

Caps lock indicators can come from multiple sources, including:

• your keyboard;
    • a driver installed by your keyboard manufacturer;
    • applications installed by the computer manufacturer;
    • applications that you installed; and
    • Windows' own settings.
    You won't be able to turn off your caps lock indicator until you can figure out what put it there in the first place.

Here's how to turn it off in Windows 10's Ease of Access settings:

Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard > Use toggle keys

RottweilerX, Aug 5, 2024
Thema:

keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

1. keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update - Similar Threads - keyboard caps lock

2. keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update: hello, after the successful installation of the update " KB5041019 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2" suddenly my caps lock indicator and arrow keys have stopped working , actually it was all random I was working on my pc when...
  3. keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard caps-lock indicator not working along with arrow keys after installation of update: hello, after the successful installation of the update " KB5041019 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2" suddenly my caps lock indicator and arrow keys have stopped working , actually it was all random I was working on my pc when...
  4. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Working: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  5. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock indicator: How do I get rid of this horrible Cap Lock On/Off indicator that pops up on my screen? It used not be there and its now on every computer I use. Other threads from a couple years back suggest the following steps. Step 5 is just not present when I try following through. Is...
  6. caps lock indicator

caps lock indicator: How can i display caps and num lock status in the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator/c3cc52d9-3aad-4796-9402-b43713012aa4
  7. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock indicator: [ATTACH] Guys i need help, how tf can i turn this window off? I didnt do any changes in settings but it started showing. https://preview.redd.it/9xvpxslvhff51.png?width=218&format=png&auto=webp&s=47ecf1bbe5b7ad4fba99e2ca4a0f35b14ecba1f7 submitted by /u/poteznygejuch...
  8. Cap Lock indicator

Cap Lock indicator: {Window's 10 home edition, Acer Swift 3} I can't tell when my cap are on? No indicator for cap lock on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-indicator/750bccf8-6dfb-4998-bb6e-118cc6e0c56b
  9. caps lock indicator on 5050 keyboard

caps lock indicator on 5050 keyboard: Hi, Does the Microsoft 5050 keyboard have an indicator light for CAPS lock? Moved from: Office / Other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/caps-lock-indicator-on-5050-keyboard/a6a518c0-ced2-4bce-87b6-2a43096233da
  10. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?: I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off. And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off. How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting? Thank you for your help. 61165