Windows 10: Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

Discus and support Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have lenovo yoga 7i laptop. Yoga 7 14ITL5Serial number: PF39RHLDProduct number: 82BH00DAAUI installed windows 11 from lenovo website recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ASIM KAMAL KHAN, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

Hi I have lenovo yoga 7i laptop. Yoga 7 14ITL5Serial number: PF39RHLDProduct number: 82BH00DAAUI installed windows 11 from lenovo website recovery media and also installed windows 10 from Microsoft website. But I am facing same issue in both windows. Keyboard and touchpads are disabled as soon as laptops goes into windows. They work in BIOS or in windows safe mode. I have done everything such as updating drivers, installing uninstalling drivers etc. so many times I have done clean installation of windows. But still facing the problem, could you please fix this issue.

:)

ASIM KAMAL KHAN, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Sep 24, 2023
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 24, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 24, 2023
Thema:

Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

1. Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11 - Similar Threads - Keyboard touchpad disabled

2. Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11: Hi I have lenovo yoga 7i laptop. Yoga 7 14ITL5Serial number: PF39RHLDProduct number: 82BH00DAAUI installed windows 11 from lenovo website recovery media and also installed windows 10 from Microsoft website. But I am facing same issue in both windows. Keyboard and touchpads...
  3. Disable Touchpad in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad in Windows 11: How do you disable the "TOUCHPAD" in WINDOWS 11?There aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad under the Settings menu and there aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad in the Device Manager window. I have tried them both. If you try the Device Manage it actually...
  4. Disable Touchpad in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Touchpad in Windows 11: How do you disable the "TOUCHPAD" in WINDOWS 11?There aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad under the Settings menu and there aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad in the Device Manager window. I have tried them both. If you try the Device Manage it actually...
  5. Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10: I can't find the setting for disabling the touchpad. I looked in the settings for both the touchpad and the mouse. From what I read, there is supposed to be a setting for the mouse that says "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" or something like that, but that...
  6. disable touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disable touchpad windows 10: I had disabled my touchpad because I use a mouse. Now it is back again and can't seem to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad-windows-10/f0f064aa-00de-46b0-81cb-41bff3fe0605
  7. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  8. Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touchpad...
  9. Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update: Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4 Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066 Running: Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes External USB mouse Everything was functioning properly before the update. I've been running Win10 since it was released. After the update...
  10. Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard button to disable touchpad stopped working after Windows 10: Forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It kept prompting me to upgrade to Windows 10, so I did so. Now the button that disables my touchpad (also the F5 button) is not working. The touchpad will not turn off. Secondly, when I try...