Windows 10: Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay

Discus and support Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; CPU: Ryzen 5950x eco mode + -15 all coreGPU: GTX 3080 undervoltedPSU: SF750Monitor: 1440p ultrawide 120hz 175hz native and 1080p 120hz 240hz nativeI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vaizaren2, Oct 21, 2024 at 11:47 PM.

1. vaizaren2 Win User

Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay

CPU: Ryzen 5950x eco mode + -15 all coreGPU: GTX 3080 undervoltedPSU: SF750Monitor: 1440p ultrawide 120hz 175hz native and 1080p 120hz 240hz nativeI thought it was a RAM issue, ran memtest86 and my everything passes.Previously, I always see nvlddmkm 153/14 issue, but after reverting the GPU driver to 560.81, I haven't seen it again.I though, it ended already, but sometimes, it still shutdowns/restarts without any BSOD.Issue now is that I don't know what causes it anymore.Here is the latest minidump after the recent restart after having 560.81 GPU driver installedMinidump: htt

:)

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

4. axe0 Win User

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

@storm shadow, I already explained that in post 7
    There are 3 different crashes

1. A freeze crash
    2. A sudden shutdown/restart crash
    3. A bluescreen crash

A memory dump will only be created when a bluescreen crash occurs.
    A kernel event id 41 only means an unexpected power problem has occured what happens with both a shutdown/restart and bluescreen crashes.

Thema:

1. Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay - Similar Threads - Kernel Power shutdown

2. Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power 41 shutdown/restart during gameplay: CPU: Ryzen 5950x eco mode + -15 all coreGPU: GTX 3080 undervoltedPSU: SF750Monitor: 1440p ultrawide 120hz 175hz native and 1080p 120hz 240hz nativeI thought it was a RAM issue, ran memtest86 and my everything passes.Previously, I always see nvlddmkm 153/14 issue, but after...
  3. Kernel-Power 41 63: Random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41 63: Random restarts: Hi, I am having random restarts. Kernel-Power 41 63. Here is a link to the dumpfile.Can someone take a look and help identify the problem?Thanks!https://drive.google.com/file/d/1poZabPqGT77h0dvQhl5UANFsFbEwK45G/view?...
  4. Kernel-Power 41 63: Random restarts

Kernel-Power 41 63: Random restarts: Hi, I am having random restarts. Kernel-Power 41 63. Here is a link to the dumpfile.Can someone take a look and help identify the problem?Thanks!https://drive.google.com/file/d/1poZabPqGT77h0dvQhl5UANFsFbEwK45G/view?...
  5. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  6. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  7. Windows 10 Random Shutdowns (Kernel Power 41)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Random Shutdowns (Kernel Power 41): Hi Reddit. As the title says, I've been experiencing sparse but very annoying episodes of my notebook shutting down without any previous warning. It acts exactly as if I had pressed the power button for too long, no BSOD, no glitching, just a sudden blackout. I use Lenovo,...
  8. shutdown, Kernel-Power ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shutdown, Kernel-Power ID 41: Hi! Hope you are all well and safe. My PC shutdowns randomly when I'm watching videos, and sometimes when I'm just working. I only use the PC to work and watch videos -- not YouTube, just Netflix or using VLC. I don't overclock, I don't play games. It is a work PC. I...
  9. Random hang and shutdown/restart: Event 41, Kernel-Power, BugcheckCode 278

Random hang and shutdown/restart: Event 41, Kernel-Power, BugcheckCode 278: What happened: My PC randomly hands and shutdowns/resets. It can happen at random, sometimes while I'm watching youtube, sometimes during gaming session, sometimes even in the BIOS settings. Event detail in Event Viewer: - EventData BugcheckCode 278...
  10. Random restarts - Kernel Power 41

Random restarts - Kernel Power 41: Hello, Since connecting a new ssd drive (samsung evo 850 - installing only games on it - the system is on the second ssd drive) and reformatting my computer from time to time resets. If at the moment of reset, for example, music plays, you hear the sound freeze.I tried to...