Windows 10: Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

Discus and support Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jayden M1, May 4, 2024.

1. Jayden M1 Win User

Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot but nothing has changed. I cannot get anywhere but this recovery screen and bios.

:)

Jayden M1, May 4, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

USB Recovery

Hi Janie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • How are you creating the recovery USB?

However, you can follow the steps from Create a recovery drive
    to create a recovery drive.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, May 4, 2024
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB - Similar Threads - Keep getting recovery

2. Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting recovery screen but cannot launch USB: I have tried setting the usb to boot priority in an attempt to reinstall windows which has not done anything as anytime I exit bios or reset my pc the same screen comes up without giving me an option to launch a recovery drive. I have tried disabling fast boot and secure boot...
  3. I cannot get Starfield to Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Starfield to Launch: Hi all, I purchased the premium edition and downloaded on my PC though the Xbox app. When I click on "Play" the loading screen comes up and within 8 seconds I get the message "The game has crashed. Error code: 0x1." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried starting...
  4. I cannot get Starfield to Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get Starfield to Launch: Hi all, I purchased the premium edition and downloaded on my PC though the Xbox app. When I click on "Play" the loading screen comes up and within 8 seconds I get the message "The game has crashed. Error code: 0x1." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried starting...
  5. Cannot Get out of Recovery Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Get out of Recovery Blue Screen: I am currently trying to get my parent's to operate. The laptop is currently displaying a this blue screen when I power it on. RecoveryThere was a problem with a device connected to your PCAn unexpected I/O error has occurred.File: \windows\systems32\winload.efiError code:...
  6. Cannot create a recovery usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot create a recovery usb: When using Recovery to create a usb in admin the system tells me we cannot create the recovery disk. It is set up to go to Drive D. It has a 12 GB USB connected....
  7. Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB: I have a HP laptop that will not boot, and I cannot get it to boot to the win10 recovery USB USB boot works - can boot to Ubuntu Live USB and works fine. Tried creating USB with Windows Media Tool Tried creating UEFI (GPT) and BIOS(MBR) USB with Rufus Tried booting all...
  8. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683
  9. Cannot Create Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...
  10. Cannot get the recovery USB drive to boot or the USB installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get the recovery USB drive to boot or the USB installation USB: I have just installed the free windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 home premium. I have used the file history program to create a USB and a DVD recovery disk prior to creating a system image ( not done yet ) I tried to test the recovery but it does not boot the system. The...