Windows 10: Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

Discus and support Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Keep asking for pin to sign in . Never set up a pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dora walker, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

Keep asking for pin to sign in . Never set up a pin

:)

dora walker, Aug 3, 2023

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2023
  3. EvoEvo_ Win User
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.

When I googled it, I found this

"

How do I find my Windows pin?

To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Click the Change button under PIN.
    3. Enter your current PIN; then, enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.
    4. Tap I forgot my PIN.

"
    When I go here it is for a different account, So this method does not work.

Edit: when I click forgot my PIN it just tells me the exact same thing as above

EvoEvo_, Aug 3, 2023
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 3, 2023
Thema:

Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

1. Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin - Similar Threads - Keep asking pin

2. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  3. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  4. Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin

Keep asking for pin to sign in. Do not have a pin: Keep asking for pin to sign in . Never set up a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-asking-for-pin-to-sign-in-do-not-have-a-pin/3de25a33-230e-4f24-9f32-115c92190345
  5. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  6. Windows keep asking for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep asking for PIN: My Windows has a fingerprint to sign in. Now, I need to do both PIN and fingerprint. I haven't done any changes at all. Windows is updated to its latest but this feature really annoys me and I want it to be gone....
  7. Windows keep asking for PIN

8. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  9. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  10. It is asking for a PIN and I do not have one?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    It is asking for a PIN and I do not have one?: Hello, Recently I have tried to install minecraft windows 10 version on another computer using my microsoft account. However when I am in the shop - it asks for a PIN and I do not have one. I went to my account settings to try and disable the PIN as I have seen in...