Windows 10: KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme

Discus and support KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Does anyone know a fix for this issue? I have a laptop that is built to order so I can't just update the bios and I want to know if someone knows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GlennPitteljon, Sep 22, 2023.

1. KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme

Hi,Does anyone know a fix for this issue? I have a laptop that is built to order so I can't just update the bios and I want to know if someone knows a simple fix using CMD. I think I have to fix the boot partition through a install usb, if I'm wrong/right please tell!For now I fixed most pc's with this problem by removing and replacing the NVME drive or trying to reinstall win 11 using a usb repair tool.But more and more pc's I receive have this problem after that one update and MS haven't really put a how to dIY fix it yourself post, if they did please contact me in this thread with the link

:)

GlennPitteljon, Sep 22, 2023

2. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351

MSI Details Official Workaround for Windows 11 KB5029351 BSODs (I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus) so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and went away for a coffee break. I returned, Fedora was booted (I have one nvme with windows, one SATA SSD with fedora and a hard disk to keep data), I thought maybe uninstalling update had restarted PC. So I restarted again, selected Windows in grub (grub has boot priority and it loads windows) but this time it couldn't find the location. I thought maybe grub was having some issue so I pressed F11 to open hard disk list during boot time and my M.2 was missing. I then checked bios, it was not there. I also removed and reinstalled nvme (didn't work). Used it in my laptop (not detected there either) finally, used my laptop's nvme to check if motherboard is faulty, but laptop's nvme worked fine while PC's nvme did not.

VikrantChauhan2, Sep 22, 2023
  3. bios keeps switching my boot drive

If your NVMe drive is not showing up in the boot priority list, it's possible that the BIOS settings may need to be adjusted. Here are a few things you can try:

Make sure that your NVMe drive is properly installed and recognized in the BIOS. Check to see if it appears in the list of storage devices in the BIOS.

Check to see if there is an option to enable NVMe support in the BIOS. This option may be located in the storage or boot options.

Check the boot mode setting in the BIOS. If your NVMe drive is using the UEFI boot mode, make sure that the boot mode setting in the BIOS is also set to UEFI.

Check to see if there is a firmware update available for your NVMe drive. Some firmware updates can improve compatibility with certain systems and may resolve boot issues.

Try resetting the BIOS to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve issues with boot priority and may allow your NVMe drive to be recognized.

If none of these steps work, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer of your motherboard or NVMe drive for further assistance.

kelly Lopes1, Sep 22, 2023
  4. alfarom Win User

KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme

Laptop Boots in BIOS

I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the laptop boots into the BIOS again and the hard drive isn't recognised there even though the usb stick has no trouble seeing it.

Any suggestion?

Asus X555L approx 3 or 4 years old
    Win 10 home

alfarom, Sep 22, 2023
Thema:

KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme

1. KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme - Similar Threads - KB5029351 install makes

2. KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5029351 install makes laptop boot into bios and not recognise nvme: Hi,Does anyone know a fix for this issue? I have a laptop that is built to order so I can't just update the bios and I want to know if someone knows a simple fix using CMD. I think I have to fix the boot partition through a install usb, if I'm wrong/right please tell!For now...
  3. Cant Install KB5029351 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Install KB5029351 Update: Dear MS Team,I cant install the KB5029351 Update. In Update History, it shows error code: 0X800f0922I have tried several things to resolve the...
  4. Cant Install KB5029351 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Install KB5029351 Update: Dear MS Team,I cant install the KB5029351 Update. In Update History, it shows error code: 0X800f0922I have tried several things to resolve the...
  5. Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media: Stuck on bios and boot is not recognising storage media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-bios-boot-is-not-recognising-storage/67af127a-9214-403a-b996-3461e58aebf1
  6. Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media

Stuck on bios boot is not recognising storage media: Stuck on bios and boot is not recognising storage media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-bios-boot-is-not-recognising-storage/67af127a-9214-403a-b996-3461e58aebf1
  7. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  8. My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351

My m.2 nvme SSD no longer getting detected in bios after uninstalling KB5029351: The issue started with BSODs from KB5029351 https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-details-official-workaround-for-windows-11-kb5029351-bsods I have MSI H310M Pro-M2 Plus so I thought maybe uninstalling the update might help. I went in the settings, uninstalled the update and...
  9. Laptop Boots in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIOS: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...
  10. Laptop Boots in BIO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Boots in BIO: I've got a problem with an Asus laptop that boots into the BIOS on every startup. I've taken out the old hard drive, installed an ssd to test and am able to go through the installation routine with Win 10 on a memory stick which seems to go ok. However, on a restart the...