Windows 10: Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?

Discus and support Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried all the suggestions online about default apps --> mail But outlook is not a selection. I went to MAILTO and outlook is not a selection. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jason Sandri, Oct 8, 2024 at 1:32 AM.

1. Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?

I tried all the suggestions online about default apps --> mail But outlook is not a selection. I went to MAILTO and outlook is not a selection. Then there is inside of outlook File --> Options --> General --> Startup Options but make outlook default is not a selectionI use Outlook at my email client, but cannot set it up as the default app.Please help, none of the already made suggestions are working for me.

:)

Jason Sandri, Oct 8, 2024 at 1:32 AM
  2. jmosk Win User

Ever since installing chrome as the default browser Mailto can't be set to Outlook

The Mailto protocol in control panel / default programs / associate file types has been changed to ChromeHTML. But when trying to change this, the only mail program displayed is Chrome. Outlook is not a choice. So I am stuck with mailto links going to gmail.

If I go to Set your default programs, Outlook (I user version 2010) is not listed at all.

If I log off windows and log in under a different user which has not set Chrome as the default browser, the mailto links do go to Outlook.

Before making Chrome the default browser, Mailto links all properly went to Outlook but now I can't put it back.

Using the General option in Outlook to make Outlook the default email client - does nothing. In fact the link to Default Programs next to the set as default email client option, does nothing.

Trying to repair Office using the change option of the control panel Programs and Features - does nothing. No repair is initiated.

I know I have a problem with Microsoft Word crashing when attempting to load other software if I select the Review option. In paying for Microsoft assistance to fix this problem, they attempted to install a newer version of Office but it stated the old version
    needed to be removed first. But the uninstall option did not work. So they were not able to fix this problem which is probably associated with repair not working either. Microsoft support wanted Window 7 to be reinstalled then install Office again. This was
    not an option given the hundreds of other programs that would potentially be lost in reinstalling windows.

There must be a way through the registry to change the Mailto protocol setting back to Outlook instead of it pointing to ChromeHTML.

3. jmosk Win User
    Windows 7 - Outlook not listed under Default Programs - Mailto protocol stuck on Google Chrome

Ever since moving to Chrome as my default browser instead of Explorer 11, and clicking on an email link on a web page or in an email, it automatically opens Gmail. I am unable to set this back to Outlook. Using control panel "associate file type or protocol
    with a specific program', the mailto: protocol option only provides Chrome as a choice. Office/Outlook is not listed.

Control Panel / Set your default programs - does not show Outlook as a potential default program.

The Outlook option checkbox of 'Make Outlook your default email program', does nothing.

Before making Chrome the default browser, this all worked fine. Clicking a mailto link brought up Office/Outlook.

Interestingly, in the registry, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / mailto / shell / open / command is set to Outlook.exe as is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / software / classes / mailto / shell / open / command

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / Protocols / handler / mailto - is {3050f3DA-98B5-11CF-BB82-00AA00BDCE0B} as is

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / Wow6432Node / Protocols / Handler / mailto and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / software / classes / protocols / handler / mailto and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / software / classes / Wow6432Node / Protocols / Handler / mailto and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / software / Wow6432Node / Protocols / Handler / mailto

HKEY_CURRENT_USER / software / microsoft / windows / shell / assocaitions / URL Associations / mailto / UserChoice is ChromeHTML

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-14291... / software / microsoft / windows / shell / associations / urlassociations / mailto / userchocie is ChromeHTML

This has been annoying for months as I need to cut and paste email addresses since Outlook is my primary email client. I have been unable to find a way to return the default program for mailto to open Outlook again.

4. Tenforo Active Member

Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?

How to Download and redeem Microsoft Office 2021 Professional plus?

To Download and redeem Microsoft office 2021 Professional plus you need to follow some steps:

1. Buy Microsoft product keys from Microsoft's official store or any distributor
    2. Go to Microsoft.com/redeem [For redeem and Download office]
    3. once redeem it then it will stay it at service section: http://account.microsoft.com/services/
    4. Click Install button
    5. Office 2021 will be downloaded automatically, After Download and install open words or excel
    6. This time they will ask you to activate it, Then click on login to your Microsoft account.
    7. As a result, it will be activated automatically
    Let's enjoy your Latest version of Microsoft office 2021 professional plus.

You may download office 2021 ISO files here

Thema:

Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?

1. Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook? - Similar Threads - installed Office 2021

2. Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed Office 2021 and cannot get MAILTO choice of Outlook?: I tried all the suggestions online about default apps --> mail But outlook is not a selection. I went to MAILTO and outlook is not a selection. Then there is inside of outlook File --> Options --> General --> Startup Options but make outlook default is not a selectionI use...
  3. installing Office 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing Office 2021: I am in the process of installing Office 2021. According to the directions i need to uninstall the previous version.Questions; if the download does not work, how do I recover the previous version?...
  4. installing Office 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing Office 2021: I am in the process of installing Office 2021. According to the directions i need to uninstall the previous version.Questions; if the download does not work, how do I recover the previous version?...
  5. Office 2021 Inquiry

Office 2021 Inquiry: Hi! I'd like to ask if Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 is compatible with Windows 10 Home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2021-inquiry/f5d42309-bc85-43e6-b01c-c409039502b0
  6. Office 2021 installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2021 installation: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,How to install Office 2021 to another drive other than C drive from offline installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2021-installation/7f1c8248-6934-4c0a-97e5-ff6aeecc6ed5
  7. Office 2021 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2021 installation: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,How to install Office 2021 to another drive other than C drive from offline installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2021-installation/7f1c8248-6934-4c0a-97e5-ff6aeecc6ed5
  8. Office 2021 installation

9. Laptop choice for 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop choice for 2021: Hi there. I travel around a lot and might consider getting a new laptop, mainly for some non intensive work stuff and playing World of Warcraft and perhaps some Sea of Thieves. I want something that runs pretty cool, doesn't have to be cutting edge and 15 inch doesn't matter...
  10. Office 2021 -- The final edition or is this just Vapourware

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2021 -- The final edition or is this just Vapourware: Hi folks I read somewhere that Ms wants really to phase out non subscription versions of Office -- so could Office 2021 possibly be the last release. (Actually for loads of people unless you need all the Work collaboration things and aren't a huge mega power user - Office...