Windows 10: July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

Discus and support July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OldBob2, Jul 30, 2023.

1. OldBob2 Win User

July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful!

:)

OldBob2, Jul 30, 2023
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 30, 2023
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (https://outlook.live.com/people/) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

PJLLB, Jul 30, 2023
  4. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

Tagging people option in Photo App

Hey Josephef54!

There is a way to turn off the automatic people tagging in the Photos app.

• Open Photos.
    • Click the "..." in the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings
    • Scroll down to the "Viewing and Editing" section, and flip "People" switch.

Nat Riddle, Jul 30, 2023
Thema:

July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

1. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section - Similar Threads - July 2023 photo

2. "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works: When I right-click the taskbar and click "Show People on the taskbar," the People icon no longer appears on the taskbar. When I right-click the taskbar again, the checkbox doesn't appear before "Show People on the taskbar." Also, the People settings no longer appear in...
  3. "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works: When I right-click the taskbar and click "Show People on the taskbar," the People icon no longer appears on the taskbar. When I right-click the taskbar again, the checkbox doesn't appear before "Show People on the taskbar." Also, the People settings no longer appear in...
  4. "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section: What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/july-2023-photo-app-no-longer-shows-people-section/b494be0d-255b-4290-a01c-6bec7e364bd1
  6. July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section

July 2023 photo app no longer shows "people" section: What happened to the "people" section of the Microsoft Photo app? Seems the app had an update to only show pictures..awful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/july-2023-photo-app-no-longer-shows-people-section/b494be0d-255b-4290-a01c-6bec7e364bd1
  7. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  8. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  9. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  10. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....