Windows 10: I've received an email for a single-use code for my Microsoft account. Is my account safe?

Discus and support I've received an email for a single-use code for my Microsoft account. Is my account safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, this evening I received an email for a single-use login code for my Microsoft account as the title suggests. I have done a full system scan and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Benjib20, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Benjib20 Win User

I've received an email for a single-use code for my Microsoft account. Is my account safe?

Hello, this evening I received an email for a single-use login code for my Microsoft account as the title suggests. I have done a full system scan and I've also reset my password but I want to know if my account is safe. My friend is saying as long as they don't have my password I should be fine but I just want some advice from others. Will my account be safe?

:)

Benjib20, Jul 23, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 23, 2024
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 23, 2024
  4. andy1494 Win User

I've received an email for a single-use code for my Microsoft account. Is my account safe?

We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

why am i getting these email had about 8 since yesterday

We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

Your single-use code is: 6528969

If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address by mistake.

Thanks,

The Microsoft account team

andy1494, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

1. I've received an email for a single-use code for my Microsoft account. Is my account safe? - Similar Threads - I've received email

2. Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...: Hello!A few days ago I was receiving emails about single-use code to access my account without asking for it. I receive these emails two and three times a day. Emails are sent from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I would like to know if it has happened to anyone...
  3. Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone received emails related to Single-Use Code to access their account without...: Hello!A few days ago I was receiving emails about single-use code to access my account without asking for it. I receive these emails two and three times a day. Emails are sent from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I would like to know if it has happened to anyone...
  4. I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account,...: I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account, suggesting someone is requesting them and trying to access my account. What should I do?...
  5. I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account,...

I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account,...: I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account, suggesting someone is requesting them and trying to access my account. What should I do?...
  6. I am receiving regular single use security codes to my non-Microsoft email account,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.: why am i getting these email had about 8 since yesterdayWe've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: 6528969If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your...
  8. We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.: why am i getting these email had about 8 since yesterdayWe've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: 6528969If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your...
  9. We've received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

10. Microsoft account single-use code

Microsoft account single-use code: I received two text messages from Microsoft stating: "Microsoft account single-use code: *******" This was unsolicited because I was not attempting to log in to any Microsoft product at the time these texts were received. I know it was sent from Microsoft because it was...