Windows 10: I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...

Discus and support I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had 4 BSODs for with 4 different stop codes. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGAMENT, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kobe Q, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:53 AM.

1. Kobe Q Win User

I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...

I have had 4 BSODs for with 4 different stop codes. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGAMENT, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have bluescreenview to check some details but I'm not sure how to fix them. The dump files in order from what I stated are caused by drivers, ntfs.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , and ntoskrnl.exe MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.

:)

2. Diagnosing BSOD Win10

Hi Mouhy,

For us to isolate your Windows 10 performance issue, we need the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

Normally, this issue happens due to an unexpected shut down or restart. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:57 AM
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

4. Ariel Acu Win User

I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...

BSOD after clean install

Hi Aaron,

To better assist you, kindly please provide the following information:

• May we know the reason why you perform a clean installation to your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far for this concern?
    • Can you tell us what are those drivers that you updated?

Thema:

1. I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install... - Similar Threads - I've BSODs far

2. I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...: I have had 4 BSODs for with 4 different stop codes. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGAMENT, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have bluescreenview to check some details but I'm not sure how to fix them. The dump files in order from what I stated are caused...
  3. I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've had 4 BSODs so far, need help diagnosing the issue since I already did a clean install...: I have had 4 BSODs for with 4 different stop codes. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGAMENT, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have bluescreenview to check some details but I'm not sure how to fix them. The dump files in order from what I stated are caused...
  4. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  5. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  6. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  7. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  8. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. BSOD - Tried EVERYTHING so far. Need help.

BSOD - Tried EVERYTHING so far. Need help.: So a few days ago my computer started giving me the BSOD with the typical message "ran into an error and needs to restart" At first the Stop Code was: Critcal Process Died. It would happen when I was working on my computer with chrome or even when I wasn't doing anything. I...
  10. Constant messages - "Help" I've found so far not helpful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Constant messages - "Help" I've found so far not helpful: [ATTACH] StartIsBack was uninstalled (by a MicroSoft tech) to fix a locked up situation after an upgrade months ago. That's not a problem, but the constant "Compatability Assistant" messages are driving me crazy!!! How do I stop them before I actually lose my mind?...