Windows 10: Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar

Discus and support Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!Every time that I open the search bar on the task bar, it populates code. I have attempted to restart computer, uninstall and reinstall the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by drneitzel, Nov 3, 2023.

1. drneitzel Win User

Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar

Hi!Every time that I open the search bar on the task bar, it populates code. I have attempted to restart computer, uninstall and reinstall the most recent update, and have also tried troubleshooting, restarting the search process, and many other things. I would prefer to not have to wipe and get a clean copy of windows.Attached below are a couple of snips of what it looks like on my end. Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.I am on Windows 11 Build 22635.2700 ni_release Beta, Insider Program

:)

drneitzel, Nov 3, 2023
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Nov 3, 2023
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Issues Search Bar

2. Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11: Hi everyone,Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with the taskbar search. I'm unable to type anything or input characters, and after a few seconds, the taskbar crashes. I followed Microsoft's tutorial and temporarily fixed it by stopping the SearchHost.exe process in the...
  3. Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Issue in Windows 11: Hi everyone,Recently, I've been experiencing an issue with the taskbar search. I'm unable to type anything or input characters, and after a few seconds, the taskbar crashes. I followed Microsoft's tutorial and temporarily fixed it by stopping the SearchHost.exe process in the...
  4. Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues: I am having issues with my Windows 11 Search function. I notice when I open my search bar I start to type it freeze then drops. Suggestions would be appreciated. Everything is up to date. Followed these suggestion to no avail...
  5. Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues

Search Bar on Windows 11 Issues: I am having issues with my Windows 11 Search function. I notice when I open my search bar I start to type it freeze then drops. Suggestions would be appreciated. Everything is up to date. Followed these suggestion to no avail...
  6. Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar

Issues with Windows 11 Search Bar on Taskbar: Hi!Every time that I open the search bar on the task bar, it populates code. I have attempted to restart computer, uninstall and reinstall the most recent update, and have also tried troubleshooting, restarting the search process, and many other things. I would prefer to not...
  7. Windows search bar issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar issue: None of the search bars are working in the windows be it the taskbar or the windows settings or the explorer search area on the top right corner. The cursor blinks but when I try to type anything, it doesn't show the text....
  8. Windows searching bar issues

Windows searching bar issues: Ok so what happens if when I search for disk cleanup, deleting temporary files and a few other simple stuff in windows, they don't show up and instead they show search website. Please tell me how to fix this....
  9. Windows Search Bar Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search Bar Issue: [ATTACH]Searching in the Windows start menu shows nothing after restarting my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-issue/5a11ae8f-8499-4c75-8e5d-57191afea796"
  10. Windows Search Bar issue

Windows Search Bar issue: Hello, so recently I've been having this issue of files or apps showing up in the search bar with a computer icon. Clicking on them redirects me back to the 'This PC' page that shows my folders and drives. Here's an example. [ATTACH] I have no problems opening up the...