Windows 10: Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

Discus and support Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rwbyred, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Rwbyred Win User

Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error.

:)

Rwbyred, Oct 11, 2022

2. Problem adding a POP3 email account

My apologies, got it working but I'd never dream of using it.
    I have to click this

Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts [​IMG]

then select either my MS account or my POP account before I can view my emails.

It's horrible, it's like a phone app. Thunderbird for me.

Torquemada, Oct 11, 2022
  3. iBawbag Win User
    Problem adding a POP3 email account

It does work fine with pop.

Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts [​IMG]

It has a problem with 2 step authentication. What is the domain?
    Is your username the same as email address?

iBawbag, Oct 11, 2022
  4. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

Is there a way to prevent people from adding any email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10?
    I found the option in GPEdit
    Local -> Computer Config -> Windows Settings -> Security Options -> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts

I set it to Users can't add Microsoft accounts, ran gpupdate /force and restarted the system.
    Still am able to add email accounts, and a Microsoft one, if indirectly for the later.

DarkRookie, Oct 11, 2022
Thema:

Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

1. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts - Similar Threads - Issues adding adding

2. Adding an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an account: I recently bought a desktop computer with windows 10 and the old owners account is still on there and it's not letting me add any accounts I tried clicking on the icon that doesn't work, nothing is working...
  3. Adding an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an account: I recently bought a desktop computer with windows 10 and the old owners account is still on there and it's not letting me add any accounts I tried clicking on the icon that doesn't work, nothing is working...
  4. adding an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding an account: my teams application is not letting me add a second account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-an-account/ef71c491-63fa-4d91-a874-e0cf0c138144
  5. adding an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding an account: my teams application is not letting me add a second account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-an-account/ef71c491-63fa-4d91-a874-e0cf0c138144
  6. Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adding Microsoft account to Minecraft PIN issue: I added a new account to my pc to play minecraft since thats the account with the progress. It asked me for the PIN for windows hello or something but its only letting me type up to 4 digits so it wasn't working since my PIN is 6 digit. When I try to change the PIN it says it...
  7. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  8. Adding an email account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an email account issues: I am attempting to add a sbcglobal.net account to my 360 Outlook Windows10. As instructed I have obtain the yahoo app password and used it when prompted but to no avail. Any detailed help would be helpful...
  9. Adding an email to my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding an email to my account: I am having a problem adding a Gmail address to my Microsoft account. It tells me that it needs to be updated. I changed the password (only option given) and that does not correct the problem. What do you advise that I should do? Thank You...
  10. Adding Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Accounts: I have a computer that has been updated to windows 10 but it wot let me add other accounts. I tried pressing the add another user but the local user tab does not pop up. And when I go to the control panel there is no family and others tab. What do I do?...