Windows 10: Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

Discus and support Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VK 2001, Mar 1, 2024.

1. VK 2001 Win User

Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs and click on things etc, I physically click down on the touchpad as if it were a mouse. I don't want to have to buy a Bluetooth mouse to get around this issue. Unsure if it the latest update which may have affected something or internal to my device.Any help would be greatly appreciated :

:)

VK 2001, Mar 1, 2024

2. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Touch screen on surface pro

Hello Brady,

The Surface Pro may have encountered a driver conflict or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps given on these articles to see if there will be any changes:

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Mar 1, 2024
  4. Amit KV Win User

Keyboard and touch pad issue

I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware
    tests, the keyboard and touch pad tests show successful which suggests it's not an hardware issue. I have tried updating keyboard and touch pad drivers, even updated BIOS version. If anyone has the solution, kindly help me out.

Amit KV, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8 - Similar Threads - Issue touch pad

2. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  3. TOUCH PAD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TOUCH PAD ISSUE: HI TeamI got an issue about my touch pad. Currently I used DELL Latitude 5400, with Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2. When i used the touch pad to do my task, it often to have an intermittent stuck. And even it got freezing in my touch pad. Regarding to this issues, so...
  4. TOUCH PAD ISSUE

TOUCH PAD ISSUE: HI TeamI got an issue about my touch pad. Currently I used DELL Latitude 5400, with Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2. When i used the touch pad to do my task, it often to have an intermittent stuck. And even it got freezing in my touch pad. Regarding to this issues, so...
  5. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  6. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  7. type cover touch pad for surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    type cover touch pad for surface pro 7: On my type cover touchpad I cannot highlight text or use the scrollbar, but I can do everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-cover-touch-pad-for-surface-pro-7/69258629-ddd5-4458-8e9e-e621b2a1ad5f
  8. Mouse and touch pad Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and touch pad Issue: My wife and I have identical laptops (I am running Windows 10 Home and she has Windows 10 Pro) and are experiencing the same problem. Periodically the mouse and touch pad stop functioning. The pointer can be moved around the screen but the "click" function does not work. The...
  9. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE

MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE: Hello Sir, My name is Sandeep Kumar I am a system administrator in IT.I have Microsoft surface pro 4 I have installed win 10 and updated all related software from the Microsoft site.But my concern is that when i am trying to use my touch-pad after login into the device its...
  10. Keyboard and touch pad issue

Keyboard and touch pad issue: I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware tests, the keyboard...