Windows 10: Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File

Discus and support Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am encountering an issue with the SetNamedSecurityInfo API while attempting to modify the security settings of shared files. I have five shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rishi C, Sep 27, 2024 at 6:22 AM.

1. Rishi C Win User

Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File

Hello,I am encountering an issue with the SetNamedSecurityInfo API while attempting to modify the security settings of shared files. I have five shared files, and the API works as expected on four of them. However, for one specific shared file, the API returns error code 59 ERROR_UNEXP_NET_ERR: An unexpected network error occurred, even though the file is fully accessible via the Microsoft Management Console MMC.Could you please advise on why this specific file would trigger error 59 in SetNamedSecurityInfo while being accessible through MMC, and how I can resolve this issue?

:)

2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

3. spapakons Win User
    Cannot connect to shared printer Error code: 0000001b

Hello! Yesterday our printer failed, so we replaced it with a new one. I shared it so other colleagues can print. When I tried to connect to the shared printer wither from Devices & Printers or from Network, I got the error code 0000001b. All computers are running Windows 10 v21H2, network is set to Private, sharing is enabled. I read elsewhere that I should uninstall some recent Windows updates. I found no matching update in the list. Also elsewhere suggested to enable SMB 1.0, didn't work. Any other solution? Thank you in advance.

4. Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File

Windows 7 File Sharing Errors

Afternoon,

I have a PC that I am currently working on whereby I am entirely unable to access network shares.

I've followed all the steps I found online regarding the configuration but am still unable to do so.

The PC in question (M1 henceforce) is running Windows 7.

Firewall is off and shares are configured.

On this PC if I navigate to \\M1 I see the list of share

If I click any of the shares, I get an error (file and print sharing resource (m1) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer. )

This occurs when on M1 navigating to M1

If on another PC (testing using a PC called M4) I go to \\M1; I get the above error without being able to see the list of shares.

Reversing the process (sharing on M4 and navigating from M1 to \\M4) the issue does not occur.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Thema:

Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File

1. Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File - Similar Threads - Issue SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning

2. Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with SetNamedSecurityInfo Returning Error Code 59 on Shared File: Hello,I am encountering an issue with the SetNamedSecurityInfo API while attempting to modify the security settings of shared files. I have five shared files, and the API works as expected on four of them. However, for one specific shared file, the API returns error code 59...
  3. The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605: The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605 and doesn't perform an off-line virus scan. How to overcome this defect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-winloadefi-file-returns-an-error-code/981d9cde-ad83-4d26-a47b-9c9d3093bfe6
  4. The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605

The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605: The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605 and doesn't perform an off-line virus scan. How to overcome this defect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-winloadefi-file-returns-an-error-code/981d9cde-ad83-4d26-a47b-9c9d3093bfe6
  5. The winload.efi file returns an error code 0x0000605

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Unarc.dll returned an error code: -11

Unarc.dll returned an error code: -11: When i want to unpack anything the error comes "Unarc.dll returned an error code: -11"Windows 11Ram 16GBHDD 1TBSSD 500GBCore i5 9th gen4GB nvdia 1650 graphic...
  7. File Sharing issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Sharing issue: I've got a win 10 pro on a desktop. can not connect to it from my iMac via smb, I've tried everything possible, but it just refuses to connect. I've tried as a guest, I've tried using my win10 sign in (even though I have sign in disabled ) all i get is the error "check...
  8. File Share Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Share Issues: I have an old Win 10 PC I recently set up to use as an easy file server to hold media. My laptop and Gaming PC connect perfectly to the shares. My old gaming PC on the other hand, will not. I went through several of the already posted solutions to this, including:...
  9. Share files issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share files issue: I am unable to share files on my PC. The feature used to work but currently something has changed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-issue/8a7420bb-633f-478e-b0f6-25e555e87b3f
  10. File sharing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing issue: HP Desktop running Win 10 Ver 1809, build 17763.292, latest update 2/12 Toshiba Laptop running Win 10 Ver 1803, build 17134.590, latest update 2/14 The desktop is connected to the router via ethernet, laptop connected via wi-fi. Solid wi-fi connection throughout the...