Windows 10: Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

Discus and support Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials, in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Cannot get passed sign in credentials, anyone know how to make work? Been in contact with MS 5 techs, Still no connection. Using Win 11 PRO. Have set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D Scott Baily, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

Cannot get passed sign in credentials, anyone know how to make work? Been in contact with MS 5 techs, Still no connection. Using Win 11 PRO. Have set up like instructed.

:)

D Scott Baily, Oct 24, 2022

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 24, 2022
  3. Credentials

Hi,

The warning message that you encountered about your credentials can be caused by an improper configuration or a possible incorrect login details. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you trying to sign in to your apps using a different device? If not, are you signing in through a remote desktop setup?
    • When are you getting the error message? Could you attach a screenshot on your next post to help us better identify the issue.
    • Have you tried using your account on another device? If yes, did you encounter the same error?

If you used your Microsoft account to sign in and got the same error, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    support article on how to reset your password to rule out any incorrect credentials issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 24, 2022
  4. Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

1. Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials, - Similar Threads - Issue Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Services sign-in issue -Need help with granting the right to sign in remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Services sign-in issue -Need help with granting the right to sign in remotely: I'm currently encountering a problem with setting up Remote Desktop Services to allow users to sign in remotely. Specifically, I'm uncertain about the steps needed to grant the necessary permissions and ensure everything is configured correctly.Here are the details of my...
  3. Remote Desktop Services sign-in issue -Need help with granting the right to sign in remotely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Services sign-in issue -Need help with granting the right to sign in remotely: I'm currently encountering a problem with setting up Remote Desktop Services to allow users to sign in remotely. Specifically, I'm uncertain about the steps needed to grant the necessary permissions and ensure everything is configured correctly.Here are the details of my...
  4. Urgent Assistance Needed: Remote Desktop Credential Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Remote Desktop Credential Issue: I am reaching out to seek urgent assistance with an issue I am facing while trying to connect to a remote desktop. Despite using the correct User ID and password, I am repeatedly encountering the following error message:"The credentials that were used to connect to...
  5. Urgent Assistance Needed: Remote Desktop Credential Issue

Urgent Assistance Needed: Remote Desktop Credential Issue: I am reaching out to seek urgent assistance with an issue I am facing while trying to connect to a remote desktop. Despite using the correct User ID and password, I am repeatedly encountering the following error message:"The credentials that were used to connect to...
  6. Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,

Issue with Remote Desktop sign in credentials,: Cannot get passed sign in credentials, anyone know how to make work? Been in contact with MS 5 techs, Still no connection. Using Win 11 PRO. Have set up like instructed....
  7. No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop: We have a computer that when ever some one tries to use Remote Desktop it opens a window that lets them know their credentials will be used, but gives no area to input credentials or accept. Simply the option to cancel. I have attached a screenshot. We checked Windows...
  8. Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection and invalid Credentials: Hello Im trying to access a desktop remote connection to my work, but every time i try to log in it asks for my "credentials", which i assume is my Microsoft user name and password, but every time i type them in its says they are wrong. I really need to get in to do my...
  9. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work: I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is 192.168.0.9 Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Target PC is win10 pro Remote PC microsoft...
  10. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...