Windows 10: Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

Discus and support Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse set when using it with my MSI Prestige 15 A10SC notebook Model# 1898,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SUWAN Thai Cuisine, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse set when using it with my MSI Prestige 15 A10SC notebook Model# 1898, 1929. The keyboard works well initially, but if I stop using it for a while, it stops responding and will not type, almost as if it goes to sleep. I am unsure which key to press to reactivate it. During this time, the mouse continues to work without any issues.To resolve this, I have to either type on the notebook's built-in keyboard or reboot the system, after which the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard starts working normally again. However, the p

:)

SUWAN Thai Cuisine, Jul 25, 2024

2. keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2024
  3. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard / running Windows 10

Hello Betty,

The issue could possibly caused by software conflicts, outdated drivers and compatibility issues.

For us to better help you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the exact model of your Bluetooth keyboard?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to troubleshoot response failures in a Bluetooth keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

Keyboard not Responding & Other Issues

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

1. Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity - Similar Threads - Issue Microsoft Bluetooth

2. Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse set when using it with my MSI Prestige 15 A10SC notebook Model# 1898, 1929. The keyboard works well initially, but if I stop using it for a while, it stops responding and will not type, almost as...
  3. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  4. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  5. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity": Hi,My headset keep disconnecting after running exactly 1 hour. It corresponds to the automatic disconnection feature if no activity detected music, mic, games, etc....- I have bought 2 pairs of the same headset because of poor autonomy. Both desengage after 1 hour and a quick...
  7. BLUETOOTH AND KEYBOARD ISSUES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH AND KEYBOARD ISSUES: Good day, I have a Lenovo laptop and i am having an issue where the icon is missing. I opened device manager, selected show hidden devices, right click uninstall and scan for changes. But I am having the same issue. Also after my device has updated, my keypad is problematic....
  8. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity

Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity: Hi Support, I am having an issue that several people seem to have had before me. There are relevant threads at "Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnecting" and at "Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10". Those...
  9. Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue

Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse. No issues in pairing the mouse though the keyboard remains a problem: Everytime I select the keyboard in 'Add a Bluetooth Device' and enter the pin provided it returns a notification to try again. I have tried...
  10. Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Bluetooth Issues

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Bluetooth Issues: Hi guys, recently purchased Microsoft Precision Mouse & Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/microsoft-precision-mouse/8r2x2zwv803p?cid=msft_web_collection&activetab=pivot:overviewtab...