Windows 10: Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

Discus and support Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael Mikael, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password. Sometimes it just will freeze there with the wallpaper and I will hit a key/ move my mouse and it won't respond. I have to close my laptop and open it again for the lock screen will appear. This is starting to happen more often.ThanksMichaelOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 System SKU LENO

:)

Michael Mikael, Jan 10, 2023
  2. ah lun Win User

Lock screen password no respond

I am using WP7 on HTC Mozart.

I have password activated on the Lock Screen.

Every time when I wake up the phone at the lock screen (black screen, press the on/off button, the lock screen displayed), when I slide up the lock screen, the password pad is shown for me to key in my the password.

My issue is that I can key/press the first digit of the password, but when I key/press the second digit, there is no response. I need to slide down the lock screen and slide up again then all the keys are responding.

ah lun, Jan 10, 2023
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jan 10, 2023
  4. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

1. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen - Similar Threads - Issue display responding

2. Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse set when using it with my MSI Prestige 15 A10SC notebook Model# 1898, 1929. The keyboard works well initially, but if I stop using it for a while, it stops responding and will not type, almost as...
  3. Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Not Responding After Inactivity: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse set when using it with my MSI Prestige 15 A10SC notebook Model# 1898, 1929. The keyboard works well initially, but if I stop using it for a while, it stops responding and will not type, almost as...
  4. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  5. Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen

Issue with display not responding after being inactive/lock screen: Hello,I am having an issue with lock screen/display. At times when it is inactive for a period of time, the display turns off like it should but when I move my mouse/hit a keyboard key it will just be the wallpaper without going to the lock screen where I enter my password....
  6. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  7. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  8. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  9. lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity: So this issue has become increasing frustrating for our end users. After no apparent changes were made random users started reporting that the computer they use would go into screen saver then lock. We have a group policy enabled that keeps the screen saver turned off. We've...
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...