Windows 10: ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso

Discus and support ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to download some Linux Distros ISO files to run it in Hyper-V. It was going good but suddenly all my ISO files have become 7-Zip.iso. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TuLe9, Mar 15, 2023.

1. TuLe9 Win User

ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso

I am trying to download some Linux Distros ISO files to run it in Hyper-V. It was going good but suddenly all my ISO files have become 7-Zip.iso. And all the ISO files before it have become Hard Disk Image File .vhdx. I didn't make any changes on my computer. Do you know how to get it back to normal?

:)

TuLe9, Mar 15, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. timta2 Win User
    Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

Optical disc image - Wikipedia

timta2, Mar 15, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

how to install iso file without disk

I use Deamon Tools to install most of my ISOs, or 7-Zip to extract the ISO and run the install manually.

newtekie1, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

1. ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso - Similar Threads - ISO files suddenly

2. ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso: I am trying to download some Linux Distros ISO files to run it in Hyper-V. It was going good but suddenly all my ISO files have become 7-Zip.iso. And all the ISO files before it have become Hard Disk Image File .vhdx. I didn't make any changes on my computer. Do you know how...
  3. Getting windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows 7 ISO file: Hello everyone,I bought my pc in 2020 December month. With it was Windows 10 activated with digital license. I am interested in using windows 7. So I am just wondering whether I can download Windows 7 iso file from Microsoft. I already found ISO file of windows 7, but it was...
  4. Getting windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 7 ISO file: Hello everyone,I bought my pc in 2020 December month. With it was Windows 10 activated with digital license. I am interested in using windows 7. So I am just wondering whether I can download Windows 7 iso file from Microsoft. I already found ISO file of windows 7, but it was...
  5. Windows ISO file zip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ISO file zip: Hello, I've been trying to download the Windows 10 media tool to download Windows 10 on my disk in order to recover my admin password. Right when I opened the tool, it asked me for an admin password... I then decided to download it as a zip file so it won't ask for it. I...
  6. Old Icons for .7z, .zip, and .iso files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Icons for .7z, .zip, and .iso files?: [ATTACH] Built a new PC this summer and for some reason my icons for those files are extremely outdated, any idea what might be causing this and how I can fix it? Thanks...
  7. Windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 ISO file: I have Upgraded windows 10 a few months ago but It is causing problems to the computer I need to go back to windows 7 Windows 7 was my preinstalled OS. I tried to download it on the windows 7 iso image website but it doesn't work it only says "please contact your computer...
  8. Windows 7 ISO file

Windows 7 ISO file: I have Upgraded windows 10 a few months ago but It is causing problems to the computer I need to go back to windows 7. I tried to download it on the windows 7 iso image website but it doesn't work it only says "please contact your computer manufacturer" but my computer has...
  9. Win 7 iso

Win 7 iso: I have a Dell Latitude E3550. It has Win 7 Pro. I have attempted to install Win 7. It does not have a recovery partition as it has been deleted before. I am looking for a restore disk or iso to reinstall Win 7 then upgrade to Win 10. I also know Win 7 is no longer supported...
  10. Suddenly cant open ISO files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly cant open ISO files.: As the title says. Over the past few weeks I have suddenly been unable to open iso files. When I try to mount one, my PC hangs for several minutes before coming up with the error saying "Sorry, unable to mount that file". I have tried everything I can online. The only thing...