Windows 10: Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

Discus and support Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop a few years back. It ran fine for about a month until the 20H1 update. Then the laptop was essentially unusable. My desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam Huson, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

I bought a new laptop a few years back. It ran fine for about a month until the 20H1 update. Then the laptop was essentially unusable. My desktop, similarly spec'd except with a more powerful GPU, faired better until 21H1. Then it too slowed to a halt. Even with real-time defender disabled. All unnecessary tasks have been disabled on both computers and nothing has worked or improved it. My computer ran Crysis on ultra settings and now it has difficulty opening the C drive or a web page...This is obviously Microsoft failing and not caring. Or more sinister, purposely doing it.It has been 3 year

:)

Adam Huson, Apr 26, 2024
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 26, 2024
  3. JohnDSX Win User
    PC slowdown

How should I go about detecting and correcting the causes of a slowdown in a PC's response to things like double-clicks on a desktop shortcut

JohnDSX, Apr 26, 2024
  4. JoelB.. Win User

Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

pc slowdown

How should I go on discoverimg what are the cause of the slowdown of my pc. Such as double clicking shortcuts or opening page.

JoelB.., Apr 26, 2024
Thema:

Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

1. Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown... - Similar Threads - still fix obvious

2. Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...: I bought a new laptop a few years back. It ran fine for about a month until the 20H1 update. Then the laptop was essentially unusable. My desktop, similarly spec'd except with a more powerful GPU, faired better until 21H1. Then it too slowed to a halt. Even with real-time...
  3. Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there still no fix to the obvious, and after 3 years, seemingly intentional PC slowdown...: I bought a new laptop a few years back. It ran fine for about a month until the 20H1 update. Then the laptop was essentially unusable. My desktop, similarly spec'd except with a more powerful GPU, faired better until 21H1. Then it too slowed to a halt. Even with real-time...
  4. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  5. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  6. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  7. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  8. pc slowdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc slowdown: How should I go on discoverimg what are the cause of the slowdown of my pc. Such as double clicking shortcuts or opening page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/5d244e12-e2e8-4218-bb49-eaa32bd59c75
  9. PC slowdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slowdown: How should I go about detecting and correcting the causes of a slowdown in a PC's response to things like double-clicks on a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/d4d8d854-3b2b-474a-98b0-31b10b0e03ca
  10. PC slowdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slowdown: How should I go about detecting and correcting the causes of a slowdown in a PC's response to things like double-clicks on a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/d4d8d854-3b2b-474a-98b0-31b10b0e03ca