Windows 10: Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?

Discus and support Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent probably more than 12 total hours dealing with the problem of uninstalling/removing McAfee products I never installed. These software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Red in Denver, Aug 4, 2024.

1. Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?

I've spent probably more than 12 total hours dealing with the problem of uninstalling/removing McAfee products I never installed. These software programs were evidently installed under the guise of Adobe Acrobat updates. Although I clicked on 'details' before running the so-called update, there was nothing which indicated any other software would be a part of the "update" -- no box to check or uncheck to keep from installing.So far, all this time has been a waste, as it has done nothing but increase my frustration. Nothing I've tried has worked, and I believe I've exhausted all the uni

:)

Red in Denver, Aug 4, 2024
  2. Roharashraj™, Aug 4, 2024
  3. Plantajenet, Aug 4, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?

Unable to uninstall McAfee

Have you tried the Mcafee uninstall/clean up tool?

Download and run the MCPR tool:
    • Download the MCPR tool from http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp and save it to a temporary folder on your computer.

NOTE: Because the MCPR tool is updated periodically, always download a new copy before each use to ensure that it can recognize and fully remove newer McAfee products.

• Browse to the folder where you saved the file and double-click MCPR.exe.
    • If you see a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
    • At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
    • At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
    • When prompted, type the Captcha information exactly as seen (it is case-sensitive) and then click Next. (This step minimizes accidental executions of MCPR.)
    • If you have Family Protection installed, follow steps a and b below. Otherwise, continue to step 8.
      • Type your Family Protection Administrator name and Password, then click Next.
      • If authentication fails, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code.
    • When you see the CleanUp Successful message, restart your computer to completely remove your McAfee product.

Tenforo, Aug 4, 2024
Thema:

Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?

1. Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software? - Similar Threads - UNINSTALL remove McAfee

2. Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there ANY way to UNINSTALL/remove McAfee software?: I've spent probably more than 12 total hours dealing with the problem of uninstalling/removing McAfee products I never installed. These software programs were evidently installed under the guise of Adobe Acrobat updates. Although I clicked on 'details' before running the...
  3. How to Uninstall McAfee ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Uninstall McAfee ?: I'm trying to install McAfee, but am unable to because I keep getting a popup that says McAfee UI Host has stopped working. Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/991fa8e1-cf7e-4ac5-a668-1c78f2fa8294
  4. REMOVE McAfee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE McAfee: REMOVE McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-mcafee/44d62b89-5034-4ad0-81fb-bd1e308cce45
  5. Is there any way to remove steam from there other than uninstalling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove steam from there other than uninstalling?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UmemeTooMuch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4d97h/is_there_any_way_to_remove_steam_from_there_other/
  6. Removing McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing McAfee: I'm trying to uninstall my McAfee from my laptop and replace with a new one, however and this is the message I get McAfee Agent cannot be removed because other products are still using it. How do I find out what other product is using McAfee so i can close them? I don't have...
  7. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  8. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  9. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  10. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...