Windows 10: Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

Discus and support Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TobiasWaaktaar-kahrs, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the edges of the squares no matter what I do! I know this is a very minor problem that probably has no solution, but its gonna irritate me every time I see it! So is there any way of making sure the squares are in the right position so that my desktop icons will be consistantly spread out across each square?

:)

TobiasWaaktaar-kahrs, Aug 9, 2022

2. Desktop Organization

I have organized the icons on my desktop is a manner that I prefer, however, they are being reorganized by the system periodically. Is there some way to lock the desktop icons into place so that the system does not reset the way they are displayed?

RandyBergfield, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

1. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way? - Similar Threads - organize desktop icons

2. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?: In Win7 you would right click the desktop to control how things looked. But this is Win10, Land of the Insane. Is there any way of controlling how much space these things waste?To anyone thinking of upgrading to Win10 from Win7: I would highly recommend against it. Most of us...
  3. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?: In Win7 you would right click the desktop to control how things looked. But this is Win10, Land of the Insane. Is there any way of controlling how much space these things waste?To anyone thinking of upgrading to Win10 from Win7: I would highly recommend against it. Most of us...
  4. Win10: Is there any way of shrinking the size of the enormous icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  6. Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?: I was wondering if I'm able to create sub-folders for each game I play and whenever I clip or record something it's automatically placed in that folder, instead of all the clips from different games being scattered around everywhere and being difficult to find once you have a...
  7. Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?

Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?: I was wondering if I'm able to create sub-folders for each game I play and whenever I clip or record something it's automatically placed in that folder, instead of all the clips from different games being scattered around everywhere and being difficult to find once you have a...
  8. Any idea how to organize apps separately this way?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to organize apps separately this way?: I saw someone on youtube that has his apps organized in several groups like this https://imgur.com/sTy8IIt Any idea how to do it? (I know how to center the apps on the taskbar, tons of tutorials on youtube. Just can't figure out how to group and space the icons out like in...
  9. Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?: I'd like to keep my launch icons close to the start menu so that when an app is launched, its window would fall to the right of the launch icons (unless the icon is of the launched app). Much like Win7. What happens now with the Nov19 update (but not limited to), my icons...
  10. Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Way To Make Permanent Folder Icons on Desktop?: I'm hoping you guys have some cool freeway apps or tricks around to help me out. I'm looking for a way to put specific shortcuts on the desktop, mainly to folders, but make them permanent, so I can't move them or delete them. I still want to be able to select, move and...