Windows 10: Is there any way to find my current user password?

Discus and support Is there any way to find my current user password? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot my computer password, however, I do have it unlocked. It doesn't require me to put in a password because the screen just goes to idle mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akhil Chevireddy, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Is there any way to find my current user password?

I forgot my computer password, however, I do have it unlocked. It doesn't require me to put in a password because the screen just goes to idle mode and if I click on it, it will turn on. I am scared that I might accidentally turn it off by habit or it might restart causing me to lose a lot. I want to find a way to get my current password.

:)

Akhil Chevireddy, Jun 1, 2024
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 1, 2024
  3. Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jun 1, 2024
  4. Is there any way to find my current user password?

Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

Is there any way to find my current user password?

1. Is there any way to find my current user password? - Similar Threads - find current user

2. Is there any way to find my current user password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to find my current user password?: I forgot my computer password, however, I do have it unlocked. It doesn't require me to put in a password because the screen just goes to idle mode and if I click on it, it will turn on. I am scared that I might accidentally turn it off by habit or it might restart causing me...
  3. Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?: earlier on this month, late on night I changed the password to my Laptop-user, unfortunately it was on public Wi-Fi. I worry that somehow someone has changed the password to something other than my initial change. either that or someone has read my book and physically changed...
  4. Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to get back in to a Admin user if the password is failing?: earlier on this month, late on night I changed the password to my Laptop-user, unfortunately it was on public Wi-Fi. I worry that somehow someone has changed the password to something other than my initial change. either that or someone has read my book and physically changed...
  5. Is there any way to reword the generic message on my tenant when a user changes password on...

Is there any way to reword the generic message on my tenant when a user changes password on...: "We could not change your password We're sorry, but we cannot change your password at this time. Unfortunately, this is due to an unrecoverable issue with your account configuration, so trying again won't work. Please contact your admin to change your password for...
  6. Unable to find and change current password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find and change current password: After switching to local account, I can't find the correct password for executing the switch to Microsoft account. I also forgot the current password.I forgot the current password of my laptop....
  7. Unable to find and change current password

Unable to find and change current password: After switching to local account, I can't find the correct password for executing the switch to Microsoft account. I also forgot the current password.I forgot the current password of my laptop....
  8. Unable to find and change current password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to find and change current password: After switching to local account, I can't find the correct password for executing the switch to Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-and-change-current-password/e699e997-af5e-4017-a7d4-3c0909fbcaf8
  9. Password problem(is there any way for there to be no password)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password problem(is there any way for there to be no password)?: Or at least to be able to put something simple as 0000 because i have a simple computer and i don't care honestly that someone is gonna in my computer =)Heard that People don't wanna move from windows 7.Well,maybe this is one of the reasons?How can i remove the pin without...
  10. My Dell laptop with Windows 10 was stolen. Is there any way to find its current location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell laptop with Windows 10 was stolen. Is there any way to find its current location?: My Dell laptop with Windows 10 was stolen. Is there any way to find its current location? Moved from: Other Windows mobile devices / Tips, tricks, and customization / Windows 10 Mobile...