Windows 10: Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

Discus and support Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SergioDCQ, Mar 10, 2022.

1. SergioDCQ Win User

Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers copy stop and disappear without any notices or errors.So I did takedown.exe over night, and am now having new troubles with XCOPY.EXEI ran it as xcopy f:\*.* s:\tempf /E /R /L /H /Y /J /C eventually quit with an insufficient memory warning.I ran it as xcopy /E /F /L /H /Y /J /C and it copied nothing. When I did it without the /C, it copied nothing, and failed about 33 files in with an inaccessible file.There has to be a way to copy this drive.

:)

SergioDCQ, Mar 10, 2022
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 10, 2022
  3. ImTR3NT Win User
    SETX/? And XCOPY error in windows 10.

Every time I start up my computer i get a window that says select a program and today i decided i will click on one of them to see whats causing it to pop up so i click on notepad and a text command line showed up in the notepad. And i'm wondering how i
    can disable this from showing up on startup. a few weeks ago i was using command prompt to format a sd card a certain way for android and i not sure if that is what is causing this to happen on start up or something entirely different. down below is the text
    that showed up in the notepad.

nvalid number of parameters

Invalid number of parameters

ERROR: Invalid syntax. Default option is not allowed more than '2' time(s).

Type "SETX /?" for usage.

'XCOPY' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

ImTR3NT, Mar 10, 2022
  4. jmt20 Win User

XCopy not working on Win10

Hi,

There is a thread on this topic but it doesn't show a resolution.

Has something changed where xcopy doesn't work on Win10?

I am looking to copy files and I can't get even the simpliest .bat file to work. Copying 1 file to another folder on the C directory.

@EchoOff xcopy C:\files\test.bat C:\files-to\

Any suggestions are appreciated!

thanks,

joan

jmt20, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters? - Similar Threads - another alternative XCOPY

2. Is it safe to download files from files community? Are there better alternatives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to download files from files community? Are there better alternatives?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Merij_Kat_Nega_Mando [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zpi690/is_it_safe_to_download_files_from_files_community/
  3. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?: Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers copy stop and disappear without any notices or errors.So I did takedown.exe over night, and am now having new troubles with...
  4. Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there another alternative to XCOPY.exe or better parameters?: Have been having trouble copying an entire USB HD to its own folder in a much larger USB HD. I hit all types of errors which just made FIle Explorers copy stop and disappear without any notices or errors.So I did takedown.exe over night, and am now having new troubles with...
  5. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  6. xcopy not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xcopy not working: What am I doing wrong here?I want to copy c:\users\public all data into c:\users\xyz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working/961e4487-9041-4ea5-8ff8-fe9720b54449
  7. Alternative way to log on as another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Alternative way to log on as another user: I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it. It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome...
  8. Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe: I've had this problem a couple of months ago but after resetting hundreds of time it fixed itself, however it appeared again today. I don't know what caused it but it prevents me from opening any windows apps (spotify, store etc.). In addition to that it also prevents me from...
  9. A better alternative to Desktop Gadgets for monitoring my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A better alternative to Desktop Gadgets for monitoring my system: Hello, I still use desktop gadgets by GadgetsRevived.com to monitor my system. It's always on my second monitor. Screenshot: [img] Sorry for the Windows 7 screenshot but it's what I am using on 10 as well. I was wondering if there is a better alternative available? This...
  10. Another Windows Update Alternative?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Windows Update Alternative?: Just stumbled across this tool from Developer Mike C (WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection) care of the HowToGeek website. It's called WSUS Offline Update, and it's kept reasonably current by its developer. Apparently, it...