Windows 10: Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

Discus and support Is There a way to sort files by the last character? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kendell Caton, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are hundreds.The problem is when I search for "A" windows says no items match my search.20230201092346_078916A

:)

Kendell Caton, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

1. Is There a way to sort files by the last character? - Similar Threads - sort files last

2. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  3. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  4. Is there a way to change the sort order from numeric to character in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the sort order from numeric to character in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have a folder where I store electronic copies of downloaded issues of Scientific American. The file names are like 2022_01.pdf, 2022_02.pdf, etc. but they used not to include the underscore, so I have 201911.pdf, 201912.pdf and 202001.pdf before the underscore was...
  5. Is there a way to change the sort order from numeric to character in Windows 11 File Explorer

Is there a way to change the sort order from numeric to character in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have a folder where I store electronic copies of downloaded issues of Scientific American. The file names are like 2022_01.pdf, 2022_02.pdf, etc. but they used not to include the underscore, so I have 201911.pdf, 201912.pdf and 202001.pdf before the underscore was...
  6. Files dont sort the way they used to?

Files dont sort the way they used to?: A little while ago I was in my file explorer developing my server when I clicked a few buttons I didn't know the series of. I am sure this is a simple fix but I searched and could not find an answer. right now they are sorted into what kind of file they are, I do not want...
  7. Files dont sort the way they used to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files dont sort the way they used to?: A little while ago I was in my file explorer developing my server when I clicked a few buttons I didn't know the series of. I am sure this is a simple fix but I searched and could not find an answer. right now they are sorted into what kind of file they are, I do not want...
  8. Files dont sort the way they used to?

9. Sorting Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename

Sorting Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename. See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last. File0001 File0001A File0002 File0002A File0003 File0001A...
  10. Sorting Folders in Windows 10 - by last 7 characters

Sorting Folders in Windows 10 - by last 7 characters: I have a list of folders with names like: ProjectA.1234567 ProjectQ.1244433 ProjectB.2345678 ProjectC.3456789 ProjectD.4567890 ProjectZ.4456720 I want to sort them in numerical order by the last 7 characters. All folder names have a "period" . followed by a 7-number...