Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ?

Discus and support Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am the admin for local account on Windows 11I create a new user account for a user to login using an email.Then I log out or got switch user.In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RFKLBJ, Jul 25, 2024.

1. RFKLBJ Win User

Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ?

I am the admin for local account on Windows 11I create a new user account for a user to login using an email.Then I log out or got switch user.In the screen that shows , it shows the actual full email ID of the user such as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** .I do not want the user's email shown on login screen. I think that is sort of a security risk because if an email ID is displayed pubicly, hackers can track down the email id & possibly log into this systemThe crazy this is that , for a user type with login using just password, I can actually change user name that is displayed on login screen

:)

RFKLBJ, Jul 25, 2024
  2. Romanus A Win User

List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.

After one of the recent Windows update, the list of users does not show up in Windows login screen and I cannot find any way to switch to a different account during login or after. Any suggestions?

Romanus A, Jul 26, 2024
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Jul 26, 2024
  4. ATIonion Win User

Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ?

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

1. Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ? - Similar Threads - prevent email showing

2. Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent my email ID showing up as a user on Windows Login screen ?: I am the admin for local account on Windows 11I create a new user account for a user to login using an email.Then I log out or got switch user.In the screen that shows , it shows the actual full email ID of the user such as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** .I do...
  3. Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address: Hey all. Updated to Windows 11 and since then, my login ID when rebooting only shows the first 5 letters of my login ID email. This is the same 5 letters Windows 11 chose for my C: User name for some reason.When I complete the rest of the login ID, windows logs me in as...
  4. Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address: Hey all. Updated to Windows 11 and since then, my login ID when rebooting only shows the first 5 letters of my login ID email. This is the same 5 letters Windows 11 chose for my C: User name for some reason.When I complete the rest of the login ID, windows logs me in as...
  5. User not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User not showing up on login screen: So, I was playing Black Desert Online when my house had a power outage, after the power came back on and I turned on my PC, the user I was logged into was gone off the windows login screen. I had checked on another user open the computer, and within C:\Users, the folder where...
  6. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...
  7. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...
  8. Not showing windows 10 user login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not showing windows 10 user login screen: Windows 10 user login screen is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-windows-10-user-login-screen/75908a1f-a475-46c0-8412-1f7f30d7f306
  9. User not Showing up at login sccreen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User not Showing up at login sccreen: so me and my sister own a laptop. one day, her user dissapeared from the login screen. we checked the user setting both at settings and control panel, her user is active but ists not showing up . help me plz...
  10. login screen not showing. No way to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    login screen not showing. No way to login: My computer kept freezing. I wanted to know if it was a program causing it. I went to run --> msconfig and disable all the start up programs. I thought wiindows would be smart enough to disable only the unessential programs. When windows restarts its start like normal,...