Windows 10: Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?

Discus and support Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Microsoft Freelancer Game was and is the standard by which all other Space related games are graded against. The Freelancer community has written... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Franco Hensley, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:17 AM.

1. Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?

The Microsoft Freelancer Game was and is the standard by which all other Space related games are graded against. The Freelancer community has written dozens of Mods for this and the modified Crossfire edition of Freelancer. With tens of thousands of players still dedicated to the Freelancer game as is, there is a question of why Microsoft abandoned its best game ever. I still have a Win95 computer to play my copy of Freelancer on, and every visitor to my little computer center will sit and play the Freelancer singleplayer mode. Returnees will drive me nuts playing one of my modified Freel

:)

Franco Hensley, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:17 AM

2. Microsoft game "Freelancer(2003)" on windows 10?

vista and up are all unable to play freelancer now

Hardcore Games™, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:18 AM
  3. Microsoft game "Freelancer(2003)" on windows 10?

For a continuing freelancer experience I just came across a modded version called discovery freelancer. It transitions to MMO quite effectively and it is completely free of course. Then if you have the PC to handle it the new game coming out takes place
    in the same universe (Starlancer and Freelancer) called Star Citizen.

4. Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?

Microsoft Freelancer Game?

I know that you are asking about Windows 10, but I am trying to get the word out to those of us who still play Freelancer.

There is a Security Update for Windows 7 that apparently breaks the game. When you click on the icon, the cursor 'spins', but you never receive the Freelancer splash screen / intro.

I went through all my recent updates that were applied just before the game broke. I narrowed it down to the Security Update KB3086255 - which is related to the system's graphics:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3086255

Hope this helps somebody else, but it drove me nuts figuring it out.

Thema:

Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?

1. Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system? - Similar Threads - play Microsoft's greatest

2. Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to play the Microsoft's greatest game called Freelancer, on a Win10 system?: The Microsoft Freelancer Game was and is the standard by which all other Space related games are graded against. The Freelancer community has written dozens of Mods for this and the modified Crossfire edition of Freelancer. With tens of thousands of players still dedicated to...
  3. Is there a way to start cmd as System user whenever it is called?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to start cmd as System user whenever it is called?: I know it can be run as admin but I want it started as the system user instead. Yes I know the risks, I want to do it regardless. Thanks in advance....
  4. Is there a way to start cmd as System user whenever it is called?

Is there a way to start cmd as System user whenever it is called?: I know it can be run as admin but I want it started as the system user instead. Yes I know the risks, I want to do it regardless. Thanks in advance....
  5. Win10 Calendar: Is there a way to keep the alarm sound playing.....

Win10 Calendar: Is there a way to keep the alarm sound playing.....: ... until I dismiss the notification? There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. It plays only once, so if you happen to be out of the room, or distracted or on the phone and you miss it, you miss the reminder unlessl you happen to look at your screen and see the...
  6. Availability for Freelance work

Availability for Freelance work: Hi everyone, I am looking for a remote position as a junior software developer, I am based in London. I have experience with full-stack web development (primarily NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Jquery, vanilla javascript but also some experience with Java Spring...
  7. Availability for Freelance work

Availability for Freelance work: Hi everyone, I am looking for a position as a junior software developer, either remote or in London. I have experience with full-stack web development (primarily NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, HTML, CSS, Jquery, vanilla javascript but also some experience with Java Speing and...
  8. Freelancer game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freelancer game: I was wondering with Microsoft doing "Definitive Editions" for certain games like Age of Empires etc. Will it be possible for Microsoft to do an updated version of its game Freelancer? With up-to-date graphics and updated for Windows 10. I liked this game in the XP-era and...
  9. Microsoft Freelancer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Freelancer: I am not sure if I have asked this before, apologies if so. Microsoft Freelancer I have had since day 1. It worked on every version of Windows since its release, but, about 3-4 months ago, it stopped after a Win 10 update. As its a MS game, this should not be happening to...
  10. Win10 Crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Crashes while playing games: My PC crashes when i play games it always crashes while playing like rocket league, borderlands 2, chivarly medieval warfare, mass effect 2 and alot of other games. When it crashes my screen changes color like green pink red white etc. after that it goes gray and then my PC...