Windows 10: Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?

Discus and support Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently there is a bug that renaming files will be cancelled if OneDrive attempts to update the Sync Status column in File Explore while the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Sep 17, 2024 at 2:57 PM.

1. Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?

Currently there is a bug that renaming files will be cancelled if OneDrive attempts to update the Sync Status column in File Explore while the file name is highlighted. Unfortunately I can't submit an error request because the affected device is a managed device with the Help and Feedback apps disabled. To recreate the issue:- Create or find a file in File Explorer that is in a OneDrive folder i.e. Desktop if backup is enabled, or subfolder- Rename the file this will likely work fine- Before the rename is completely synced to OneDrive, attempt to rename the file again - for the purpose of

:)

Windows Category - All, Sep 17, 2024 at 2:57 PM

2. File Explorer - Status column problem

Hi all,

In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column (including its heading) doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no icons. Sometimes it's OK.

This was just an occasional problem at first, but it's been getting worse in the last couple of days. In the past, I could always fix it by restarting the laptop. Today, I've done several restarts (and tried shutting it down and switching it on again), and the problem hasn’t gone away at all.

I've tried right-clicking on the column headings, then selecting 'More' and then ticking one or more of the 'Status' items in the list (there are three of them!). But this just adds empty columns, and it only works for that specific folder anyway - I wouldn't want to have to do this for every folder.

A few minutes ago, the Status column was empty for the top-level folders (e.g. C:\Users\[…]\OneDrive […]\Documents), and completely missing for the lower-level ones. Now, it's completely missing everywhere except the main C:\Users\[…]\OneDrive folder.

OneDrive itself seems to be working OK all the time. If I click on the cloud icon in the taskbar, it shows the most recent syncings and (when appropriate) says 'Your files are synced'.

Does anyone have any advice, please? (N.B. If you suggest altering registry files, I'm not sure whether I'll do this unless it's very simple and very safe.)

Thanks and regards,

Graham

GrahamHughes, Sep 17, 2024 at 5:28 PM
  3. OneDrive Status column missing and no Files On-Demand option

Hi there.

I have two laptops, both running up-to-date Windows 11 Home 22H2 and OneDrive Build 23.142.0709.0001 (64-bit) for personal files.

The first laptop has all the OneDrive files saved on its hard drive. In the Details view on File Explorer, all the files have a green dot with a white tick, in a column titled Status.

I want the second laptop to be able to access any of the files in the OneDrive, but without holding a local copy (basically shown with a cloud icon).

However, when I start OneDrive on the second laptop, it has two problems:

(1) in File Explorer, there is no column titled Status, with the icons overlaid onto the file icon

(2) OneDrive is automatically downloading ALL my files, not just directory structures and file names.

I've looked through many questions on here and across the internet related to this problem. Many suggest going to the OneDrive Settings and choosing Files On-Demand, but the up-to-date OneDrive build no longer has that option.

So, how do I:

(1) get the Status column on the second laptop?

(2) get the second laptop to list my files in OneDrive without downloading, giving them a cloud icon?

Thanks.

4. DaveM121 Win User

Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?

"Status" column in File Explorer

Hi thecurmudgeon

That Status column indicates the status of the Sync operation on the files and folders you have synced to OneDrive

Here is an explanation of the Sync Status icons on OneDrive:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-d...

Thema:

Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?

1. Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - completely disable OneDrive

2. Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to completely disable the OneDrive "Sync Status" column in File Explorer?: Currently there is a bug that renaming files will be cancelled if OneDrive attempts to update the Sync Status column in File Explore while the file name is highlighted. Unfortunately I can't submit an error request because the affected device is a managed device with the Help...
  3. OneDrive Status column missing and no Files On-Demand option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Status column missing and no Files On-Demand option: Hi there.I have two laptops, both running up-to-date Windows 11 Home 22H2 and OneDrive Build 23.142.0709.0001 64-bit for personal files.The first laptop has all the OneDrive files saved on its hard drive. In the Details view on File Explorer, all the files have a green dot...
  4. OneDrive Status column missing and no Files On-Demand option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Status column missing and no Files On-Demand option: Hi there.I have two laptops, both running up-to-date Windows 11 Home 22H2 and OneDrive Build 23.142.0709.0001 64-bit for personal files.The first laptop has all the OneDrive files saved on its hard drive. In the Details view on File Explorer, all the files have a green dot...
  5. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  6. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  7. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  8. "Status" column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer: What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?...
  9. "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer in Windows 10: I do not need to see the "Status" column. When I open the list of available columns, I clear the checkmark from the "Status" option. When I go back in to the folder the "Status column appears again. I've tried rebooted after the change, but the column is still there. There is...
  10. Windows Explorer Status column

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Status column: Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image [img] See the below screen shot for what I mean [img] How do I get rid of these...