Windows 10: Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?

Discus and support Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have frequently had application icons disappear in the taskbar though there will be an arrow below where the icon should be after a period of use. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoshuaCaleb, Sep 30, 2024.

1. Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?

I have frequently had application icons disappear in the taskbar though there will be an arrow below where the icon should be after a period of use. It appears that the only current solution that I am aware of is to restart windows explorer. However, I am not sure that I have seen this issue completely since upgrading to windows 11, or that it suddenly appeared after some update.I would like to see if there is a known solution other than the temporary fix of restarting explorer, as this appears to be some sort of bug in windows. I currently need to restart explorer several days of the week I

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Sep 30, 2024

2. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Hello Nataniel. I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Try these fixes for taskbar icons disappear in Windows 10:

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/windows-10...

https://www.easytechguides.com/windows-10-taskb...

https://techcult.com/fix-windows-10-taskbar-ico...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Sep 30, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 30, 2024
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 30, 2024
Thema:

Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?

1. Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar? - Similar Threads - fix icons disappearing

2. Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a fix for icons disappearing in the windows 11 taskbar?: I have frequently had application icons disappear in the taskbar though there will be an arrow below where the icon should be after a period of use. It appears that the only current solution that I am aware of is to restart windows explorer. However, I am not sure that I have...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icons Disappearing: Hi, I've noticed that some icons on my Windows 11 taskbar keep disappearing randomly. It happens with both pinned and running apps, and I have to restart my computer to get them back. I've tried unpinning and repinning the icons, but they still disappear after a while. Can...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icons Disappearing: Hi, I've noticed that some icons on my Windows 11 taskbar keep disappearing randomly. It happens with both pinned and running apps, and I have to restart my computer to get them back. I've tried unpinning and repinning the icons, but they still disappear after a while. Can...
  5. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  7. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  8. windows 11 icon on taskbar disappear :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 icon on taskbar disappear :: so i just open my laptop and i see on taskbar and its disappear i have the photo so its missing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icon-on-taskbar-disappear/1cad9b1c-ee87-4219-9254-2226b001c542
  9. windows 11 icon on taskbar disappear :

windows 11 icon on taskbar disappear :: so i just open my laptop and i see on taskbar and its disappear i have the photo so its missing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icon-on-taskbar-disappear/1cad9b1c-ee87-4219-9254-2226b001c542
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....