Windows 10: Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?

Discus and support Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,In my current collegiate studies, we are doing labs where Trellix is installed on Windows 10 as a third-party AV and Firewall provider. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony Rosa1, Oct 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM.

1. Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?

Hello,In my current collegiate studies, we are doing labs where Trellix is installed on Windows 10 as a third-party AV and Firewall provider. When Trellix is running, the Windows Defender Firewall shows disabled in Windows Security. However, the service is still running Get-Service. Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security also displays that the Windows Defender Firewall is on. I tried to then stop the Defender Firewall Service mpssvc to see if the service is required, but I am unable to stop it even in an Administrative PowerShell session Stop-Service -Name MpsSvc -Force and the

:)

Anthony Rosa1, Oct 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Thema:

Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?

1. Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running? - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall Service

2. Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?: Hello,In my current collegiate studies, we are doing labs where Trellix is installed on Windows 10 as a third-party AV and Firewall provider. When Trellix is running, the Windows Defender Firewall shows disabled in Windows Security. However, the service is still running...
  3. Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the Windows Defender Firewall Service Always Necessary to Stay Running?: Hello,In my current collegiate studies, we are doing labs where Trellix is installed on Windows 10 as a third-party AV and Firewall provider. When Trellix is running, the Windows Defender Firewall shows disabled in Windows Security. However, the service is still running...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall stuck "Stopping" in services: This is causing a huge headache for me as I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Win 10 a week ago and I immediately noticed this issue with the Windows Firewall. I can't get it to restart or change any settings. When I click on it in Services, everything is greyed out and it...
  6. The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.

The windows defender firewall service refuses to start.: Hello, i have started having a problem with the Windows defender firewall. When i try to restore it's defaults using the control panel, i get this screen: [ATTACH] And when i press 'Use recommended settings' it gives me this error: [ATTACH] When I try to start it through...
  7. Firewall service is not running

Firewall service is not running: In my pc the windows firewall service is not running, i have tried the way which microsoft virtual agent gave but nothing happened. I also downloaded an app named *windows firewall* but nothing happened. If there is another way please tell me........
  8. Cannot Disable Defender - Antimalware Service Executeable Always Running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Disable Defender - Antimalware Service Executeable Always Running: Hello, i switched to 1903 from 1607 and i cannot disable this thing on this version, no matter what. I disabled everything under the Virus Protection settings including Tamper Protection I added these to regedit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services: Hello, I noticed that after the latest optional software update for Windows 10, the Windows Defender firewall is blocking Microsoft services: KB4550945 In my case, it is not allowing downloading or logging in on the App Store. It even blocks logging in to outlook.com via...
  10. Are these services necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these services necessary?: After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties. UserDataSvc_43ced UnistoreSvc_43ced WpnUserService_43ced PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced 62956