Windows 10: Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?

Discus and support Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I spend 95% of my important work, social networking and just browsing, composing messages or poems, HERE on my newest PC, which I'm told is compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Talented2, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Talented2 Win User

Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?

I spend 95% of my important work, social networking and just browsing, composing messages or poems, HERE on my newest PC, which I'm told is compatible with Win 11I have no camera connected here.I have no microphone connected here.All the features I've seen so far delineated do not interest me in the least.So is Micro$oft going to MAKE me switch over?I sure hope not, if so, this might be the broken straw that will finally make me switch over to a Linux platform

:)

Talented2, Oct 6, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 6, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. dalchina Win User

Win 11 compat app

Both your CPU and graphics card should be ok- your CPU is on the list:
    Windows 11 CPU List Released | WePC

and your graphics card is new enough to support DirectX 12.

These requirements are set by the installer of Win 11. Detailed specs for Win 11 have been released by MS and are given in other such threads here and on elevenforum, but may change slightly before official release.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me? - Similar Threads - change going forced

2. Forced Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Win 11 upgrade: [ATTACH] My computer initiated a Win 11 update without any warning. Now it showed this screen submitted by /u/Travelingexec2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16xzxlm/forced_win_11_upgrade/
  3. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  4. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  5. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the change to Win 11 going to be forced on to me?: I spend 95% of my important work, social networking and just browsing, composing messages or poems, HERE on my newest PC, which I'm told is compatible with Win 11I have no camera connected here.I have no microphone connected here.All the features I've seen so far delineated...
  7. Windows forcing me to change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows forcing me to change my pin?: Every few months windows 10 forces me to change my login pin saying my "organisation" requires it. This is my home computer and I am not part of an organisation. I have looked in rgedit and it doesn't have any options related to PIN security so I can't change it through that....
  8. Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?: Windows started bugging me with messages that it "must" connect to a Microsoft account. Initially I was able to dismiss this message, although the button read "remind me later". Today the message appeared again, this time I could only dismiss it with a "remind me in 3...
  9. Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows going to force me to have a Microsoft account?: Windows started bugging me with messages that it "must" connect to a Microsoft account. Initially I was able to dismiss this message, although the button read "remind me later". Today the message appeared again, this time I could only dismiss it with a "remind me in 3...
  10. Forced to go to Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced to go to Edge: I am a slow adapter and trying to convert to Edge after getting pretty good at meeting my own needs with IE. Why can't I find the IP address for Edge's home page? I've read all about settings and options like custom home page but try as I will I can't get anywhere using...