Windows 10: Is One Cloud deleting my files

Discus and support Is One Cloud deleting my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slider99, Aug 21, 2023.

1. slider99 Win User

Is One Cloud deleting my files

I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external drives? I have no use for one drive. I've wasted immeasurable time reconstructing deleted files. Every couple of years certain files needed are missing. And while checking every file folder I find some others are missing all their content. I didn't delete them. How do I set up my business computer so Microsoft can't wreck my files? Once again I am reconstructing files so I can bill my customers.

:)

slider99, Aug 21, 2023

2. Deleting on-disk OneDrive folder WITHOUT deleting from cloud?

Dear Cerberus.

Er - here's a picture of my OneDrive folder, if I can work out how to attach it to this! No cloudsigns or ticks in boxes, just a long list of files I want only in the cloud, not on the hard drive (but don't want to delete FROM the cloud!!)

Is One Cloud deleting my files 15t-deleting-disk-onedrive-folder-without-deleting-cloud-my-onedrive-folder-no-ticks-cloud-signs.jpg

It's come up saying 'Attach=Config}347209[/attach] so I hope something appears when I post this!

Very sorry - how do I make the ticks and cloud signs appear? BTW - there's more in that list than's appearing in the screenshot, that's why it doesn't look like that many files.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

ulrichburke, Aug 21, 2023
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 21, 2023
  4. AndySteck Win User

Unable to delete cloud playlists

I too am experiencing issues in deleting playlists from the Windows 8 Music App. I used the import feature in said app and would like to keep most of them there for use on that PC. However I would like to delete many of them from the cloud. With the
    Cloud option selected I select a playlist then select the delete option. However nothing happens. The playlist remains in the cloud there, on my WP 8 phone and my xbox. My goal....

• Delete some playlists from the cloud while having them available locally on that PC

AndySteck, Aug 21, 2023
Thema:

1. Is One Cloud deleting my files - Similar Threads - Cloud deleting files

2. One drive moved my files to the cloud then deleted them. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive moved my files to the cloud then deleted them. How do I recover my files?: Everytime time I signed into Onedrive without my permission Onedrive would automatically start removing my files from my PC and moving them to the cloud. This was not synchronisation it was moving my files. They were no longer available on my PC.I stopped it was by signing...
  3. One drive moved my files to the cloud then deleted them. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive moved my files to the cloud then deleted them. How do I recover my files?: Everytime time I signed into Onedrive without my permission Onedrive would automatically start removing my files from my PC and moving them to the cloud. This was not synchronisation it was moving my files. They were no longer available on my PC.I stopped it was by signing...
  4. One drive moved my files to the cloud then deleted them. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If I delete files off of my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop as well?

If I delete files off of my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop as well?: My cloud storage is full so I downloaded some important files from my personal cloud onto my desktop. I was just wondering, when I delete the files from my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop storage too? I wanted to try but it says it would delete my files...
  6. If I delete files off of my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop as well?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I delete files off of my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop as well?: My cloud storage is full so I downloaded some important files from my personal cloud onto my desktop. I was just wondering, when I delete the files from my cloud will it delete the copied files off my desktop storage too? I wanted to try but it says it would delete my files...
  7. Is One Cloud deleting my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is One Cloud deleting my files: I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external drives? I have no use for one drive. I've wasted immeasurable time reconstructing deleted files. Every couple of years certain...
  8. Is One Cloud deleting my files

Is One Cloud deleting my files: I believe One Cloud is the reason my files were deleted. How do I keep Microsoft from deleting necessary business contracts on my hard and external drives? I have no use for one drive. I've wasted immeasurable time reconstructing deleted files. Every couple of years certain...
  9. One Cloud

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Cloud: I have a Microsoft account. Obviously, because I am signed in here. BUT...when I attempt to sign in to One Cloud I get a message indicating that there is no account for said email. THEN...when I attempt to set up a new email address I get a message saying that said email...
  10. delete files on PC but not cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete files on PC but not cloud: I have run out of room on my windows 10 Stream PC , I would like to delete some photos on the PC but keep the photos on the cloud Onedrive. I tried turning off sync and deleting a photo but when I put sync back on the phot was deleted from the onedrive cloud....