Windows 10: IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

Discus and support IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Georgie13, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Georgie13 Win User

IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers from my laptop manufacturer. However, for whatever reason, the VGA drivers for my specific GPU is not available to download from my laptop manufacturer's website so I was wondering if VGA drivers are just what you install from Nvidia's website when you get your new Game Ready Driver or Studio Driver? If so, I won't have to worry about it not being available on my laptop manufacturer's website but if this is not the case, where could I get the VGA d

:)

Georgie13, Sep 30, 2023

2. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

Hello,

Here is my Desktop configuration:

IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers? 244919d1567111645t-error-updating-intel-hd-vga-driver-nvidia-studio-drivers-system-configuration.png

I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played.

IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers? d1567112884t-error-updating-intel-hd-vga-driver-nvidia-studio-drivers-davinci-resolve-screenshot.jpg

When I posted this issue to DaVinci Resolve team, they suggested me to update my Intel HD VGA driver for motherboard & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers & then check if this solves the issue.

I downloaded the Intel VGA drivers from:
    PRIME Z370-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

But when I ran the setup file, it gave me the following error:

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.
    Please obtain the appropriate driver from computer manufacturer.
    Setup will exit.

This error took me to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, which scanned my system and told me that my intel software is up to date. I have attached the intel driver detailed report.

Then I installed the NVIDIA STUDIO driver & updated the drivers.
    After updation, i restarted my PC & it went into a spin...no files were opening, i clicked anything, it wont open even after multiple clicks...then i did multiple restarts, but the problem didnt solve.

Then a friend suggested me to check the Windows 10 update, if there are some update from Windows which I haven't updated and that might have caused an error.

So I checked for windows 10 updates and there were updates to be made. So I made the updates & thought this might solve the issue. I restarted, this time, my system was opening applications like Chrome, word etc at the start but in a min or so would completely freeze everything.

Then i also came to know that i should have installed the NVIDIA drivers using CUSTOM UPDATE and choosing CLEAN INSTALL. So i again installed the NVIDIA drivers with clean install.

But it again had the same issue, PC starts but then in a min or so of starting it will completely freeze off...this time I waited to see if it will ever come back to normal...and it did become normal in 10-15 mins.

I made 3-4 restarts and the same thing happened all the time...then I finally checked the Task Manager.

There was a file called: Windows Font Cache Service which was eating my resources on starting & that used to freeze my system. After 10-15 mins, the file would go from High Priority to low priority and my system would become workable.

So I saw a youtube video to disable this Windows Font Cache Service file on starting...and disabled it. Now the system seems fine.

But I am not sure what happened to my PC today???
    What did I do wrong & what should i have done???
    Why were my VGA drivers not updated???
    Why did I have Windows Font Cache Service error???

And why am I still unable to play DaVinci resolve. So the problem still remains the same, after doing so much work.

Could anyone help me in this case?
    I have also attached the NFO file for my system and also DaVinci log files which the software guys demand from me to see the issue.

Hopefully someone could help. Thanks!!!

ShitijKohli, Sep 30, 2023
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10 [2]

All about Studio drivers: NVIDIA Studio FAQs | NVIDIA

IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers? infosmall10.png
    Information
    What is the NVIDIA Studio Driver?
    NVIDIA Studio Drivers are free software downloads specifically designed for creatives that connect your operating system and GPU to select creative applications. Syncing together adds support and unlocks performance boosts and sometimes new features in creative apps, providing artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability.

-
    -
    -

Which GPUs are supported by Studio Drivers?
    NVIDIA Studio Drivers are compatible with GeForce GTX 10-series, GeForce RTX 20-series, GeForce GTX 16-series, TITAN V, TITAN RTX, and all Quadro products released since 2012.

How do Studio Drivers differ from Game Ready Drivers (GRD)?
    In 2014, NVIDIA created the Game Ready Driver program to provide the best day-0 gaming experience. In order to accomplish this, the release cadence for Game Ready Drivers is driven by the release of major new game content giving our driver team as much time as possible to work on a given title. In similar fashion, NVIDIA now offers the Studio Driver program. Designed to provide the ultimate in functionality and stability for creative applications, Studio Drivers provide extensive testing against top creative applications and workflows for the best performance possible.

I am both a gamer and a creator. Which driver should I install?
    All NVIDIA drivers provide full features and application support for top games and creative applications.

• If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers.
    • If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and live-streaming, choose Studio Drivers.
    While you can only install one driver at a time, switching is easy! Within GeForce Experience, click the menu (three vertical dots in the top right corner) to reveal a toggle and select the driver of your choice.

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2023
  4. Steve C Win User

updating nvidia drivers

I've had no problems using the latest NVidia drivers on an older version of Windows 10. Note NVidia also provide studio drivers which give much the same gaming performance as the game ready drivers but are claimed to be more stable.

Steve C, Sep 30, 2023
Thema:

1. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers? - Similar Threads - Nvidia VGA Drivers

2. Nvidia game ready driver was installed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia game ready driver was installed after factory reset: HiI did a reset to my win 10 pc Nvidia game ready driver and the Nvidia control pannel stayed after reset.Also some .exe of Razer Synapse was there after the resetBut it look like package for itI checked what is the file, it appears to be something part of their software.My...
  3. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  4. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  5. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?: Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers from my laptop manufacturer. However, for whatever reason, the VGA drivers for my specific GPU is not available to download from...
  7. IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS Nvidia VGA Drivers the same as Game Ready/Studio Drivers?: Hi there,following on from my title, I am attempting to reinstall Windows again and I am a laptop user so want to install all the important drivers from my laptop manufacturer. However, for whatever reason, the VGA drivers for my specific GPU is not available to download from...
  8. Nvidia display drivers ready to install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia display drivers ready to install: I have just checked for updates on my IP beta W10 and Nvidia display drivers are ready to install. There seems to be no option to reject them. Trouble is, this pc is running its graphics off the Athlon 3000G processor. What is Microsoft up to? *Eek 162844
  9. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers: Hello, Here is my Desktop configuration: [img] I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played....
  10. Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error updating Intel HD VGA driver & NVIDIA STUDIO drivers: Hello, Here is my Desktop configuration: [img] I want to run a software called DaVinci Resolve (its an editing & grading software). The problem is that the software is not playing/previewing video footage, it shows a black window instead of showing the video being played....