Windows 10: Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

Discus and support Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark Tapia, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question comes down to did I do something wrong? Because I thought you were to click the specific drive or set it as the top priority, never have I ever had to click the boot manager to open the other drivesSSD/HD.

:)

Mark Tapia, Dec 22, 2022
  2. ensiv Win User

cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep windows but i'm wondering if there will be any hardware problems since my new pc will have a completely different motherboard, cpu and gpu, if there is any hardware problems is there anyway to get around it? or would i just have to install windows by itself on the new m.2 nvme and then afterward copy all the files except windows from the old ssd

ensiv, Dec 22, 2022
  3. Ari94 Win User
    What is the Maximum capacity for M.2 NVMe ssd I can use

Aspire E5-576 Laptop
    MS Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (Japanese)

In my laptop there is an option to install M.2 NVMe ssd.

In the market there are M.2 NVMe ssd with various capacity (GB/TB). How do I know what is the maximum capacity for my laptop. My present Hard drive (not SSD) is showing empty space of 324 GB.

Any advice/suggestions/help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ari94, Dec 22, 2022
  4. bobkn Win User

Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

I've done what "ignatzsonic" has done, multiple times.

Image the existing SSD to another drive, which could be the internal HD or an external one. Use the imaging software to create a bootable USB rescue drive. Swap SSDs. Boot from the USB rescue drive, and restore the image to the new SSD. Use Disk Management to resize the main partition if the new SSD is larger than the old, and the imaging software didn't already do that.

Is the laptop in question the ASUS FX553VD? A little Web search suggests that it supports NVME M.2 SSDs, but I wish that I was certain. It worries me slightly that Crucial doesn't list any M.2 NVME SSD upgrades for it.

bobkn, Dec 22, 2022
Thema:

Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

1. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe? - Similar Threads - boot manager suppose

2. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  3. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  4. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  5. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  6. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  7. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  8. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

9. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  10. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...