Windows 10: Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

Discus and support Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rammstein2, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago exactly the same way for a different PC - that drive did have the disk driver for my laptop!So, I have to ask - is Microsoft indeed removing disk drivers from the iso images?

:)

Rammstein2, Feb 14, 2024

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 14, 2024
  3. rodion15 Win User
    How can I get older Windows drivers?

Sometimes a Windows update installs a new “buggy” driver for a device. So one of the steps I may try (after trying the typical steps, some of them listed below)…is to try installing an older version of the Microsoft driver. I’d try what I said after the typical: downloading the driver from the manufacturer or reinstalling the driver or rolling it back or removing the update or restoring a restore point… So I’m thinking of the best way to get and install an older Microsoft driver, these ideas occur to me: - Boot your PC from an older Windows Installer and robocopy the driverstore folder to another drive (using the installer’s Command Prompt). Then boot Windows and use this copy of the driverstore folder to install the older driver from device manager. - ..or install the older Windows on another PC and copy the driverstore folder from there.. Also: is there any other way to download older Microsoft drivers? I hope this doesn't sound crazy I’d welcome any opinions

rodion15, Feb 14, 2024
  4. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

intel chipset drivers missingyssue I

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

The issue might cause due to incompatible drivers. Visit the computer manufacturer website and download the chipset drivers and install the drivers in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2024
Thema:

Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

1. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets? - Similar Threads - Microsoft removing disk

2. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  3. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  4. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  5. Chipset Driver safe

Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  6. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  7. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  8. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Old Chipset Driver

Old Chipset Driver: I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows install all the drivers itself. Btw this old chipset driver includes: IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F...
  10. Chipset Driver Question

Chipset Driver Question: Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and...