Windows 10: Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least...

Discus and support Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I urge all Microsoft Users to review their Microsoft Account Activity! I have been seeing at least two attempted unauthorized login attempt originating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidPurl, Sep 6, 2024.

1. DavidPurl Win User

Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least...

I urge all Microsoft Users to review their Microsoft Account Activity! I have been seeing at least two attempted unauthorized login attempt originating from China every night! These attempts are usually overnight while it's daylight in China. Obviously, the Chinese hackers are working very hard to gain access to our Microsoft Accounts in order to drill deeper into our business and personal systems. I would like to hear Microsoft's action plan for stopping these attempted attacks, and how we can better prevent a successful attack from outside hackers.

:)

DavidPurl, Sep 6, 2024

2. hack threats

hi just a quick one while i was at work my little brother got threats on his xbox one by someone who was a sore loser saying he was going to hack him now i know this is a common threat but the person was able to see where we lived after a couple of attempts
    and able to find out what internet we used any help would be appreciated

robertclarke_942, Sep 6, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Changes to Microsoft’s Mitigation Bypass Bounty

Source: Announcing Changes to Microsoft's Mitigation Bypass Bounty Defense

Brink, Sep 6, 2024
  4. Mc Ruff Win User

Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least...

Bringing Windows 10 to Public Sector Customers in China

This looks like how Microsoft has got around the privacy concerns for the Chinese Government. Telemetry and usage data will not be going to Microsoft but to this organization in China.

C&M Information Technologies will play three important roles:
    • It will collect feedback from these government customers on their specific use requirements to inform the creation of the successive updates of the government Windows 10 image, which may be developed by the joint organization.

Mc Ruff, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

1. Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least... - Similar Threads - Microsoft doing anything

2. Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft doing anything to mitigate the hack threat from China?! I'm getting at least...: I urge all Microsoft Users to review their Microsoft Account Activity! I have been seeing at least two attempted unauthorized login attempt originating from China every night! These attempts are usually overnight while it's daylight in China. Obviously, the Chinese hackers...
  3. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  4. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  5. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Suddenly getting a threat detected from Microsoft.

Suddenly getting a threat detected from Microsoft.: As of today I have seriously over 20, at last count, threats found in a Microsoft download. My AVG started going off like crazy a few hours ago. The threat that's being found is in the screenshot below. This has never happened to me before. I have a 3 year old gaming laptop...
  7. Suddenly getting a threat detected from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting a threat detected from Microsoft.: As of today I have seriously over 20, at last count, threats found in a Microsoft download. My AVG started going off like crazy a few hours ago. The threat that's being found is in the screenshot below. This has never happened to me before. I have a 3 year old gaming laptop...
  8. Suddenly getting a threat detected from Microsoft.

9. Get virus/threat information from microsoft via threat id

Get virus/threat information from microsoft via threat id: don't know if this is the right place for a question like this but:first, I have a virus report from windows defender with a threat id. For example this is the threat id of the eicar testfile: "2147519003".When I google just this id, the first hit is this site from microsoft...
  10. Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft New and Old Edge Registry Hack Not working, Or Is i'm doing anything wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vikasvenky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv5nwf/microsoft_new_and_old_edge_registry_hack_not/