Windows 10: Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?

Discus and support Is it safe to delete this boot entry ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I run bcdedit I get this result:C:\Windows\system32>bcdeditWindows Boot Manager--------------------identifier {bootmgr}device unknownpath... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaacB2, Mar 26, 2022.

1. IsaacB2 Win User

Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?

When I run bcdedit I get this result:C:\Windows\system32>bcdeditWindows Boot Manager--------------------identifier {bootmgr}device unknownpath \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFIdescription Windows Boot Managerlocale en-USinherit {globalsettings}default {default}resumeobject {056b8f39-6ae3-11ec-b7bc-86f503434f11}displayorder {default} {a75663e2-9124-41e3-b43c-9a83ed9f040f}bootsequence {default}toolsdi

:)

IsaacB2, Mar 26, 2022

2. Windows 10 boot to safe mode

I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The
    boot tab in msconfig shows only

Windows 10 (c:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS.

Is there a way to add more entries where I could assign Boot options for alternate shell or network?

I found a guide "Safe Mode in Win 10" which suggested using bcdedit as follows:

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d "Windows 10 Safe Mode"

The command came back with:

The copy command specified is not valid

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance

The parameter is incorrect.

What parameter should I be using to create the new entry in the boot list?

AlleycatAL, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Ciohoad Win User
    Win10 multiple faulty boot entries in recovery environment

if i boot from the windos 10 dvd and click thru repair options -> "Use another operating system" it lists 3 entries:

Fehler - abload.de

1 entry boots fine the other 2 of those entries are damaged, i think the error code was 0xc000000e. i'd like to delete the faulty entries and maybe add win7 to the list which is located on a different hard drive connected to the PC.

Ciohoad, Mar 26, 2022
  4. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Is it safe to delete this boot entry ? - Similar Threads - safe delete boot

2. Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?: When I run bcdedit I get this result:C:\Windows\system32>bcdeditWindows Boot Manager--------------------identifier {bootmgr}device unknownpath \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFIdescription Windows Boot Managerlocale en-USinherit {globalsettings}default {default}resumeobject...
  3. delete autoplay entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  4. delete autoplay entries

delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  5. Are these safe to delete?

Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  6. Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Boot Entry With EasyBCD: Except that I fucking didn't... There were two entries on my sister's Lenovo Yoga 720: "Yoga 720 Win 10" and "960 Evo Win 10" The "960 Evo Win 10" entry is a remnant of when I built her gaming rig. I first test-booted that PC with her laptop's boot drive. Later, I...
  7. is it safe to delete these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to delete these: I asked a similar question yesterday i learned of mroe folder i could delete but again i need an expert input. can I delete all these all these folders as well?[ATTACH]...
  8. Triplicate entries in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Triplicate entries in boot: I had few problems with dual boot but now I have only Windows 10 installed. Currently in my UEFI BIOS shows 3 entries which all of them will load Windows 10. When I will reinstall Ubuntu I don't want useless entries in my boot manager. Should I not have only one entry to...
  9. StartUp folder entries self-delete at each boot

in Windows 10 Support
    StartUp folder entries self-delete at each boot: I have been going nuts all evening (and all night!) trying to create entries in my StartUp folder. This is something that was trivially easy in prior versions (up through Win7), Then, I picked up a new computer at a decent price (cheaper than I could build the equiv.), but,...
  10. Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?: Hello ! Currently, I have dual boot Win7 and Win10. And the only reason I have Win7 is because the drivers for a printer were not updated to Win10. Now recently HP did just that, and I no longer need Win7. The way I have it set up is that I have Win7 on one partition,...