Windows 10: Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

Discus and support Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated a computer that had some problem with drivers during the boot up. The machine was also windows 11 compatible so I accepted that update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Massey.Keith1962, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

I just updated a computer that had some problem with drivers during the boot up. The machine was also windows 11 compatible so I accepted that update also. However, I now want to remove all my information and reset the system to look as new without removing all the needed updates. Can this be done?

:)

Massey.Keith1962, Nov 13, 2022
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 13, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Futuremark 3DMark 11 Updated to v1.0.3

Futuremark today released an update for its 3DMark 11 benchmark suite that's built to put today's and tomorrow's DirectX 11 GPUs through their paces. Although this is a relatively minor update, Futuremark recommended that all existing users update to this version for reliability. It packs the following changes:
    • Bullet physics library updated to version 2.79 to improve compatibility with future CPUs and GPUs.
    • For most systems containing multiple GPUs, for example integrated graphics and an additional discrete graphics card, the user can now select the GPU to be tested using a new option on the Help tab.
    • Improved error handling and user messages for the most common compatibility issues.
    • SystemInfo component updated to version 4.5 for improved compatibility with current and future hardware.
    • New "More" tab with information about other Futuremark products and services.
    DOWNLOAD: 3DMark 11 v1.0.3 Update | Full Installer

btarunr, Nov 13, 2022
  4. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

1. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only? - Similar Threads - possible update remove

2. Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?: Hi!I made an X-box user by a mistake. Now when i want to add my user to "Prism" A minecraft launcher its detect the stupid X-box profile and say "You'er not own mincarft on this user."I own minecraft on my Microsoft user.Is there a way to delete the X-box user and keep the...
  3. Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?: Hi!I made an X-box user by a mistake. Now when i want to add my user to "Prism" A minecraft launcher its detect the stupid X-box profile and say "You'er not own mincarft on this user."I own minecraft on my Microsoft user.Is there a way to delete the X-box user and keep the...
  4. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?: I just updated a computer that had some problem with drivers during the boot up. The machine was also windows 11 compatible so I accepted that update also. However, I now want to remove all my information and reset the system to look as new without removing all the needed...
  5. Will reseting windows remove all users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting windows remove all users?: I am currently reseting windows, but will it remove all users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-windows-remove-all-users/5ad199a7-df7b-4981-9519-8cd6633f84a4
  6. Will reseting windows remove all users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reseting windows remove all users?: I am currently reseting windows, but will it remove all users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-windows-remove-all-users/5ad199a7-df7b-4981-9519-8cd6633f84a4
  7. Will reseting windows remove all users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is It Possible to Block All "Malicious Software Removal Tool" Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is It Possible to Block All "Malicious Software Removal Tool" Updates?: Hi all Is it possible to Block all "Malicious Software Removal Tool" updates from being downloaded and installed when doing Windows Update? Thank you 183685
  9. Is It Possible to Block All "Malicious Software Removal Tool" Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Possible to Block All "Malicious Software Removal Tool" Updates?: Hi all Is it possible to Block all "Malicious Software Removal Tool" updates from being downloaded and installed when doing Windows Update? Thank you 183685
  10. Users Information

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Information: I have a little mystery. I have just had to fully re-install Win 10 following a significant boot error. It now feels like I have two User accounts, both with admin rights. After the re-instal I signed back in with my normal Google Account and password and was off and...