Windows 10: Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?

Discus and support Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Recall has recently been installed to my computer as part of an update. It is disabled, but my windows partition was already running with only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stimmstock, Oct 22, 2024 at 6:28 PM.

1. Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?

Windows Recall has recently been installed to my computer as part of an update. It is disabled, but my windows partition was already running with only 80GB of storage remaining from 1TB. Is it possible for me to remove the system files associated with Recall so I can save space?

:)

2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

4. geotso Win User

Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Thema:

Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?

1. Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system? - Similar Threads - possible remove recall

2. Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the windows recall files on disk without breaking the system?: Windows Recall has recently been installed to my computer as part of an update. It is disabled, but my windows partition was already running with only 80GB of storage remaining from 1TB. Is it possible for me to remove the system files associated with Recall so I can save...
  3. Is it possible to just not have Recall on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to just not have Recall on my computer: Hi, I have the alienware computer it’s a model that is relatively new but not the one announced this may. I don’t feel comfortable with Co-Pilot or Recall, and I would want to know for peace of mind if this product has the option of disabling it or completely getting rid of...
  4. Is it possible to just not have Recall on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to just not have Recall on my computer: Hi, I have the alienware computer it’s a model that is relatively new but not the one announced this may. I don’t feel comfortable with Co-Pilot or Recall, and I would want to know for peace of mind if this product has the option of disabling it or completely getting rid of...
  5. document files recall window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document files recall window 10: just got a window 10 download and now i cannot open my document files with out going to an app store. why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-files-recall-window-10/971a1019-3255-4f70-86a1-8374399eb2d8
  6. Is possible to downgrade windows10 to 7? (without remove my files)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is possible to downgrade windows10 to 7? (without remove my files): This windows version is very ayonning who know how to downgrade windows with saving my files and games??? I have 8gb usb. submitted by /u/tygrys10s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1dcgs/is_possible_to_downgrade_windows10_to_7_without/
  7. Removing drives without breaking RAID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing drives without breaking RAID: Question... I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and I'm looking to do some dust maintenance. So my question - If I remove and reinstall each drive at a time for cleaning...
  8. Removing drives without breaking RAID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing drives without breaking RAID: Question... I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and I'm looking to do some dust maintenance. So my question - If I remove and reinstall each drive at a time for cleaning...
  9. System admin password recall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System admin password recall: we got a new laptop for our education coordinator; I setup a system admin password but forgot to write it down and cant recall it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-admin-password-recall/27a18625-9800-40fe-8f85-c27716b684ea"
  10. Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recocery disk made with and without system files difference?: When I make a recovery disk on usb from the recovery icon in Control Panel (windows 10 laptop) I get an option to choose with system or without system files - there in a sizeable increase in the space demanded by windows to accomplish each of these What really is the...