Windows 10: Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

Discus and support Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I made an X-box user by a mistake. Now when i want to add my user to "Prism" A minecraft launcher its detect the stupid X-box profile and say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zente Szabó, Sep 19, 2024 at 2:22 PM.

1. Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

Hi!I made an X-box user by a mistake. Now when i want to add my user to "Prism" A minecraft launcher its detect the stupid X-box profile and say "You'er not own mincarft on this user."I own minecraft on my Microsoft user.Is there a way to delete the X-box user and keep the microsoft user?

:)

Zente Szabó, Sep 19, 2024 at 2:22 PM

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 19, 2024 at 2:30 PM
  3. removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 19, 2024 at 2:30 PM
  4. Kreij Win User

Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Thema:

Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

1. Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user? - Similar Threads - possible remove box

2. Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove only the X-box user from the microsoft user?: Hi!I made an X-box user by a mistake. Now when i want to add my user to "Prism" A minecraft launcher its detect the stupid X-box profile and say "You'er not own mincarft on this user."I own minecraft on my Microsoft user.Is there a way to delete the X-box user and keep the...
  3. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  4. how to remove microsoft from my user account

how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  5. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?: I just updated a computer that had some problem with drivers during the boot up. The machine was also windows 11 compatible so I accepted that update also. However, I now want to remove all my information and reset the system to look as new without removing all the needed...
  7. Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to update to windows 11 and then remove all user information only?: I just updated a computer that had some problem with drivers during the boot up. The machine was also windows 11 compatible so I accepted that update also. However, I now want to remove all my information and reset the system to look as new without removing all the needed...
  8. remove user from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove user from computer: How do I remove a user from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-user-from-computer/203eef03-19d1-46bd-a0fd-d4ef73748a96
  9. Removing user from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing user from computer: I'm trying to remove my daughter as a user on my laptop. I have followed the instructions given by Microsoft, but when I get to her account, there is no "remove" option-only a "block" option. How do I remove her from this computer (I am the administrator)...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...