Windows 10: Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive?

Discus and support Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specifically this Amazon listing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJV16HC6ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image&th=1These were the multitude of errors that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nerby SE, Jul 22, 2024.

1. Nerby SE Win User

Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive?

Specifically this Amazon listing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJV16HC6ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image&th=1These were the multitude of errors that I got when trying to install Windows 7 on it:Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style.Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support configuration of or installation to disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed o a partition formatted as NTFS.This is the computer I’m using: https://www.dell.c

:)

Nerby SE, Jul 22, 2024

2. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 22, 2024
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 22, 2024
  4. Marco Gav Win User

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive? - Similar Threads - possible install external

2. Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to install Windows 7 on an external SSD hard drive?: Specifically this Amazon listing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJV16HC6ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image&th=1These were the multitude of errors that I got when trying to install Windows 7 on it:Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive: I've been having this problem for a while, only when I am accessing the external drive to play games but not every time. Hard to say if it's an issue with the drive itself, the Sabrent ec-dflt I'm using to connect it, or the port. I've been to Sabrent's site but could find no...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive: I've been having this problem for a while, only when I am accessing the external drive but not every time. Hard to say if it's an issue with the drive itself, the Sabrent ec-dflt I'm using to connect it, or the port. I've been to Sabrent's site but could find no drivers to...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD possibly caused by external hard drive: I've been having this problem for a while, only when I am accessing the external drive but not every time. Hard to say if it's an issue with the drive itself, the Sabrent ec-dflt I'm using to connect it, or the port. I've been to Sabrent's site but could find no drivers to...
  6. External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10: Hello guys, hope all is well. So i my old laptop were starting to crash and i backed up all my files in an external hard drive ( Storejet Transcend USB 2Tb ) and it works fine on my laptop which have windows 7 64 bit, but when i bought my new PC which have Win 10. It does not...
  7. Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to use windows backup utility for External Hard drive backup to External...: I want to backup Photos/Videos which are in various folders in GB large files from older external hard drive to new external hard drive. I was told better use Windows Backup. Is it safe to backup larger files? or using drag n drop method will be good? As I have never used...
  8. Install Windows 7 on my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 7 on my external hard drive: Hello, I have copied all the files of the Windows 7 OS to my external hard drive and I want to make this one bootable in order to install Windows 7 on it. Could you help me with this, please? My actual OS is Windows 10. Thank you!...
  9. External hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive installation: I am using Windows 10 and am trying to get my computer recognize my external hard drive via a USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-installation/5fbf5c54-03af-4c0a-95aa-c2d0f473c5ec
  10. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 on an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to upgrade Windows 10 on an external hard drive?: I have a "Windows To Go" hard drive (in other words, a Windows 10 Pro installion that is installed directly into an external USB hard drive), and I want to upgrade from version 1803 (RS4) to version 1809 (RS5). But when I try to update it says that I can't upgrade/install...