Windows 10: Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

Discus and support Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I am attempting to encrypt the disk of a Windows 10 installation. It seems to want a microsoft account? The machine is air-gapped so it has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Pine, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Paul Pine Win User

Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

Hi. I am attempting to encrypt the disk of a Windows 10 installation. It seems to want a microsoft account? The machine is air-gapped so it has no microsoft account as it has no network. Is it the case that Windows machines can no longer operate as stand-alone devices? This is one of several account based problems I have run into. It wants something similar because it attempting to enforce two factor authentication? These machines are behind locked doors so I can't see that as much of a priority.I am tasked with integration testing for the manufacturer of privacy sensitive laboratory equipmen

:)

Paul Pine, Jun 1, 2024

2. Winows-10 Essentials 12 will not recognize my email address

Hi Barb,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to repair Windows Essentials by following the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the list, right click on Windows Live Essentials and select
      Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 1, 2024
  3. NTFS & File Encryption Feature

I was recently trying to password encrypt an image file. When accessing the Advanced Attributes window, the feature used to encrypt contents to secure data selection is disabled. The ability to select a box to place a fill is unavailable.

I was searching for information on File Encryption for Windows 10, because I would like to further secure the file.

Important Considerations:

The NTFS partition is in default volume, without any modification of partition size.

The NTFS device type is SATA.

The Registry Key for NSF is enabled.

The Local System keys for availability of this feature are enabled.

I have reopened the Advanced Attributes window after each change without successfully enabling the feature.

Note: The registry key change to the Local System for NSF configuration directly affects the User NSF configuration. The two keys are identical.

I considered MMS for Local Group Policy Editing in an attempt to enable the encryption feature, but realized the MMC does not contain the Local Group Policy Editor as a snap-in, making the possibility of troubleshooting the Enable NTSF pagefile encryption
    configuration for a test of it's validity. (Test: Reopening the Advanced Attributes window for a visual of the change's effect.)

I will continue searching information that may lead to a positive resolve. I would appreciate any information you may lend.

Microsoft's community has yet to create discussion on this issue. Not much information is available. Please feel free to post your responses and experiences with NTSF file encryption issues with Windows 10, and resolves.

Resolve: Ignore the unavailable legacy operating systems visual in the Advanced Attribute window to encrypt content. (That visual is useless in Windows 10.) BitLocker is the new encryption related feature. Key Term: BitLocker

Chris Kyler Derma, Jun 1, 2024
  4. Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

1. Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft... - Similar Threads - possible enable encryption

2. Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...: Hi. I am attempting to encrypt the disk of a Windows 10 installation. It seems to want a microsoft account? The machine is air-gapped so it has no microsoft account as it has no network. Is it the case that Windows machines can no longer operate as stand-alone devices? This...
  3. Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to enable encryption and other essential features without a microsoft...: Hi. I am attempting to encrypt the disk of a Windows 10 installation. It seems to want a microsoft account? The machine is air-gapped so it has no microsoft account as it has no network. Is it the case that Windows machines can no longer operate as stand-alone devices? This...
  4. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  5. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  6. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?

Is it possible to enable device encryption in windows 10 home?: we have a lot of windows 10 home editions in our organization, so we planned to enable device encryption in the windows home machines. is it possible to enable or not? if it is possible, kindly share the steps to enable the device encryption. or Please suggest any...
  8. Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs?: Is it possible to encrypt folders without external programs in Windows 10 ? Many thanks in advance Kann man Ordner ohne externe Programme verschlüsseln?
  9. is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces

is it possible 2 encrypt an 'active' drive that other apps need acces: I have : Core i5 v3 12GB DDR3 RAM Gigabyte Mobo H71M-D3H Giagbyte GTZ 650 OC 1 x 250GB Samsung EVO 860 system drive 1 x 2TB 7200rpm - storage 1 x 500GB 7200RPM - storage 1 x Mobile 500GB 5400RPM drive - storage i I woulike to ecrypt my downloads folder in the 2Tb storage ,...
  10. Encryption Enabled By Default or Not?

Encryption Enabled By Default or Not?: Hello, all! I installed Windows 10 on Wednesday. I remember one of the notifications that came up was asking me if I wanted to back up my encryption key. I'd like to know, is Windows 10 encrypted by default? I read around, and it sounds like Windows 8.1 is, and would...