Windows 10: Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files

Discus and support Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to uninstall a game called BloodStrike and it's not showing in setting or control panel then check the files and i couldn't find an uninstaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ynltr 69, Dec 16, 2023.

1. ynltr 69 Win User

Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files

I tried to uninstall a game called BloodStrike and it's not showing in setting or control panel then check the files and i couldn't find an uninstaller so is it okay to delete the files?

:)

ynltr 69, Dec 16, 2023

2. Uninstalling app where files have been deleted

Hello Hazel,

File corruption is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue reinstalling this app. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Just to clarify, are the files you've deleted is saved in this specific app?
    • Can you tell us the reason why you were advised to delete the files and reinstall the app?
    • Are you only experiencing this issue with this app?
    • Can you also tell us the steps on how you uninstall this app?
    • What is the exact error message when you attempt to reinstall it?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to you reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 16, 2023
  3. How to uninstall an app on Windows 10 from outside source?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to uninstall the app from c folder and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” and go to “This PC”.
    • Then click on “C” drive and go to program files.
    • Now check for the app which you want to uninstall / delete and delete it.
    • Then go to “control panel” and click on “program and features”.
    • There check whether the app is present, if it is there I suggest you to uninstall it and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 16, 2023
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files - Similar Threads - okay uninstall app

2. Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to uninstall an app by deleting the files: I tried to uninstall a game called BloodStrike and it's not showing in setting or control panel then check the files and i couldn't find an uninstaller so is it okay to delete the files?...
  3. Was is okay to delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was is okay to delete it?: Okay..so i deleted roblox and i was checking c drive and i stumbled across a folder titled "roblox" in c/programfiles×86..i deleted it perm without thinking much but it was asking for admin permission..now im scared if something will happen to my pc..what will happen next?is...
  4. Was is okay to delete it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Was is okay to delete it?: Okay..so i deleted roblox and i was checking c drive and i stumbled across a folder titled "roblox" in c/programfiles×86..i deleted it perm without thinking much but it was asking for admin permission..now im scared if something will happen to my pc..what will happen next?is...
  5. Was is okay to delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  7. Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...

Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted,...: Windows 11 Apps uninstaller, cannot delete an apps when the uninstaller file is deleted, unlike the old control panel apps uninstaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-apps-uninstaller-cannot-delete-an-apps/0bd5ae39-ea50-4326-b3ff-bb60d029cb4a
  8. Is it okay to delete this application?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it okay to delete this application?: Hi community ,I was freeing up my disk and in control panel i found this application : Visual C++ 2015 redistributable and can i uninstall that ? and is it safe to uninstall that ? . Thanks and Regards,Manas...
  9. Uninstalling Windows apps does not delete files

Uninstalling Windows apps does not delete files: I uninstalled several Windows apps and the files are still in WindowsApps folder, is there some reason why they were not deleted? I do know that if you delete "Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml_10.1808.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" BingNews will stop working. 166116
  10. Is it okay to delete this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it okay to delete this?: [ATTACH] So, I want to delete "jogja" Users profile. But the problem is, All software that has been installed, were from there, from that profile when I logged in as "jogja" Now, I made another administrator user named "EL" that I can use the software that previously...