Windows 10: Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??

Discus and support Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I Purchased a new Windows Laptop, and I am facing the issue of idle battery drain on my new laptop. It's always around 10-15 % battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kunal Darade, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??

Hi, Recently I Purchased a new Windows Laptop, and I am facing the issue of idle battery drain on my new laptop. It's always around 10-15 % battery percentage drained when I open my laptop after a time period of 15 -16 hours. Is this issue normal or do I need to consult with my laptop service centre. Currently my Windows 11 version is 23H2.

:)

Kunal Darade, Jun 13, 2024

2. Rapid Battery Drain and Fast Charging Issue on MSI Bravo 15 (Windows 11)

Hello,

I’m experiencing a significant issue with my MSI Bravo 15 laptop running Windows 11, and I hope someone can assist me.

Problem Description:

1. When I start my laptop, the battery drains from 100% to 0% in approximately 2 minutes.
    2. When I plug in the charger, the battery charges back to 100% very quickly.
    3. I have to keep my device plugged in for the whole time to work!
    Steps Taken So Far:

1. I’ve checked the battery health status in the Windows settings, and it shows that the battery is healthy.
    2. I’ve updated all my drivers and Windows updates to the latest versions.
    Additional Information:

• This issue started happening recently, and there were no significant hardware or software changes prior to this.
    • The laptop is about 2.5 year old.

I appreciate any advice or solutions you can provide.

Thank you!

Ajeevan Sivanandhan, Jun 13, 2024
  3. JasonR_91 Win User
    Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

Hi,

I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.

While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.

While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4 hours, in the case of Windows 11 it reaches less than 10% in just 2 hours. This is despite I have enabled battery saver in Windows 11 as always on.

Also comparing side by side, say when idling at say 90% battery Windows 10 shows 5 hours remaining, at the same time Windows 11 shoes just 2 hours 30 mins remaining.

Is this a known issue with Windows 11 or am I missing something?

Ideally, I expect 11 to be superior to 10, in speed, performance, and power efficiency at least.

Thanks.

JasonR_91, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??

Rapid Battery Drain and Fast Charging Issue on MSI Bravo 15 (Windows 11)

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I do have the MSI Dragon Center utility installed on my laptop. I checked within the app and found the Battery Calibration option. I have run the battery calibration as recommended.

However, after running the calibration, the issue persists:

1. The battery still drains from 100% to 0% in approximately 9 minutes upon startup.
    2. The battery still charges back to 100% very quickly when plugged in.
    Is there any other step I should try, or could this indicate a deeper hardware issue? Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ajeevan Sivanandhan, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??

1. Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ?? - Similar Threads - 15% Idle Battery

2. Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 10 -15% Idle Battery Drain on my new Windows 11 Laptop Normal ??: Hi, Recently I Purchased a new Windows Laptop, and I am facing the issue of idle battery drain on my new laptop. It's always around 10-15 % battery percentage drained when I open my laptop after a time period of 15 -16 hours. Is this issue normal or do I need to consult with...
  3. battery Draining for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery Draining for windows 11: My battery is draining too fast after windows 11 upgrade and that too after some windows update and BIOS update, driver updates , it is draining much faster. when I checked the battery usage - Start is using background battery . Please check the attached image below. How to...
  4. battery Draining for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery Draining for windows 11: My battery is draining too fast after windows 11 upgrade and that too after some windows update and BIOS update, driver updates , it is draining much faster. when I checked the battery usage - Start is using background battery . Please check the attached image below. How to...
  5. Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?: Hi,I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4...
  6. Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?

Is Windows 11 draining laptop battery faster?: Hi,I have HP 245 G7 notebook with Windows 10 2004 side by side with Windows 11 22000.318 in dual boot.While Windows 11 is certainly faster, I notice that it seems to be draining the laptop battery faster too.While on Windows 10 with normal activities it easily lasts 3.5 to 4...
  7. Battery Draining Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Draining Windows 11: I got a windows 10 hp laptop in 2016.Few months ago, I updated the windows 11 beta version to this laptop.Now I can't use it without charger. If the battery is 90% It will work for 5-10 mins shut down automatically without any warning.I have to use it in my online classes, my...
  8. Battery Draining Windows 11

Battery Draining Windows 11: I got a windows 10 hp laptop in 2016.Few months ago, I updated the windows 11 beta version to this laptop.Now I can't use it without charger. If the battery is 90% It will work for 5-10 mins shut down automatically without any warning.I have to use it in my online classes, my...
  9. Windows 11 Battery Draining

Windows 11 Battery Draining: I upgrade my windows 10 to Windows 11 Now it s draining battery so badis there any solution for that or any planing to some future updatesThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-battery-draining/2548f331-3bab-4ecf-a345-35c6f594a7cf
  10. battery draining overnight when my device is idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery draining overnight when my device is idle: I use a hp pavalion 10th gen and when it is idle in the night the battery drains from 100 to 15 or 20, i have tried everything i could do but nothing is happening pls help and tell me what to do...